This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back worn out after not even 2 weeks

clavo
Star III
The back of my Zenfone 9 (Midnight black) is already worn after 12 days. I do not mean the texture, but the lettering. Only "ASUS Zenfone" can still be recognized to some extent. The text under the camera is completely gone.
Of course, this does not change the functionality. However, you can definitely expect something better for a smartphone in this price range. Is Asus planning to do something about that? E.g. a (free!) replacement for a more resistant back?
8 REPLIES 8

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Already posted by potential customers in countries where it is physically in stores and handled by customers.
By the way, I liked the following comment posted by a user
It's the onl
1188449.jpg
y way to feel beautiful from behind, naked.😊

clavo
Star III
I guess I'll have to see it as a feature to have a naked device then 😂
But seriously, Asus has to accommodate somehow.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @clavo, thanks for sharing this.
You can contact your local Asus representative or customer service center to resolve the issue.
This can be caused due to the use of some cleaning agent.

clavo
Star III
Hey @Mansi_ASUS, thanks for your reply.
This definitely has nothing to do with cleaning agents, at least in my case, because I didn't use any. And as shown by FunBike31, I'm not the only one. And you can already find more cases if you search for it.
The problem is not solved by simply replacing it with a new back as long its production quality is the same. It will occur again after a few days. Asus first has to recognize the problem and produce the back more resistant.