This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling / VoWifi for Orange PL and other networks.

babol
Star III
Hi,
I'd like to ask if there is any work in progress on enabling wifi calling for Orange PL or other providers on Zenfone 8? It seems to not function at all in Poland. I saw some threads regarding T-Mobile supporting wifi calling for this phone but a lot of people complained it doesn't work properly anyway. So changing the carrier is also not an option.
If you're advertising your product as a premium device without support for such important feature it would be very disappointing. Nothing has changed since the phone release.
This needs to be sorted out. Otherwise I will sell the phone and never buy anything else made by Asus if the post sale support is none in this matter.
Waiting for a reply.
Best regards,
Tomasz

31 REPLIES 31

maVerickV
Star III
zywicatomek

Hi,

I'd like to ask if there is any work in progress on enabling wifi calling for Orange PL or other providers on Zenfone 8? It seems to not function at all in Poland. I saw some threads regarding T-Mobile supporting wifi calling for this phone but a lot of people complained it doesn't work properly anyway. So changing the carrier is also not an option.

If you're advertising your product as a premium device without support for such important feature it would be very disappointing. Nothing has changed since the phone release.

This needs to be sorted out. Otherwise I will sell the phone and never buy anything else made by Asus if the post sale support is none in this matter.

Waiting for a reply.

Best regards,

Tomasz

Wifi calling / VoWifi for Orange PL and other networks.
Yeah, I posted here some time ago with the exact same issue - final conclusion in the discussion was, that WE, as customers should somehow influence OrangePL to run the certification process for zenfone 8 again.
At that time I figured that it makes sense, however recently it struck me, that it is quite a nonsense. If we buy a premium phone, the seller of this phone should somehow try to take care of us and deal with the mobile network provider and "force" him to provide full features for the phone. Not to mention that VoLTE and VoWIFI are becoming something absolutely normal and standard and that they work on maaany phones, not only premium ones.

babol
Star III
Alright, but why on Earth should we, as customers, try to influence a service provider to add a feature that should work out of the box?
I strongly insist Asus should take care of this and work with service providers in Poland to sort this out. Its not our responsibility to do that.
Still waiting for an official response on what's currently being done on this matter.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
zywicatomek

Alright, but why on Earth should we, as customers, try to influence a service provider to add a feature that should work out of the box?

I strongly insist Asus should take care of this and work with service providers in Poland to sort this out. Its not our responsibility to do that.

Still waiting for an official response on what's currently being done on this matter.

View post
What?
What do you mean should work out of the box? VoLTE works just fine, but its your provider not allowing the device to use VoLTE features, what exacly do you expect ASUS to do? You can enable VoLTE from your phone so you can tick it on, but you won't get a VoLTE logo because Orange won't let you use it.