KARTHIK_R
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5 8/128
Firmware Version: latest for now 17 aug 2022
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 1st time
========================================
My rog phone 5 died suddenly won't turn or charge, when I took it for service center they told me that it is motherboard failure and I need to replace it for 44 thousand and I had paid the phone 50 thousand, my warranty is expired as my phone is 1 year 4 months old. Is there any way to get my phone fixed for any lower cost or any chances to claim the faulty motherboard issue? can anyone let me know? This is the worst phone i have bought till now with such cheap components in the phone and I will never recommend this brand to anyone Asus rog 5 is really the worst phone to buy for the price.
8 REPLIES 8

jasdeepgrover
Star II
Hi @KARTHIK R ,
File a complaint against Asus at Consumer Court - www.consumerhelpline.gov.in
Asus ROG 5 phones have faulty motherboards, and i faced the same issue within 6 months of buying the phone. They replaced the motherboard and after insisting they extended the warranty by 1 year. At exactly 1 year + 1 month my phone's Air Triggers stopped working and again it was found after 3rd visit that this is due to faulty motherboard even after replacement. This is an issue of faulty hardware product being sold by Asus and should be reported. Maybe they can help you get product repair or replacement since this is a product quality issue and most people buy a premium phone to use for at least 3 years.
Good Luck!

KARTHIK_R
Star I
jasdeepgrover

Hi @KARTHIK R ,

File a complaint against Asus at Consumer Court - www.consumerhelpline.gov.in

Asus ROG 5 phones have faulty motherboards, and i faced the same issue within 6 months of buying the phone. They replaced the motherboard and after insisting they extended the warranty by 1 year. At exactly 1 year + 1 month my phone's Air Triggers stopped working and again it was found after 3rd visit that this is due to faulty motherboard even after replacement. This is an issue of faulty hardware product being sold by Asus and should be reported. Maybe they can help you get product repair or replacement since this is a product quality issue and most people buy a premium phone to use for at least 3 years.

Good Luck!

View post
Thanks you for the advice bro.
Asus finally reached out to me and they helped me in getting me a new motherboard under warranty under something called special cause/case.

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Quite a few users are facing problems with their Asus ROG Phone 5 and 5S automatically and randomly rebooting even with regular usage.

Potential solutions:
A rogue app could be the culprit. Check if the issue persists in Safe mode (you will find the instructions below). If it doesn’t, remove any recently installed or updated apps and see if the problem goes away. You can also go to Settings > Advanced > Mobile manager and clear the app cache.
The phone lets you download and install dynamic themes from the in-built Theme store. A few users found that the theme stopped working as expected after a recent software update and was causing random reboots. Removing and reinstalling the theme seems to work.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.