This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play services battery drain issue

klynkrishnaa
Star II
I feel many of proud ROG 2 Users are struggling with the same issue as mine. Play services is consuming a humongous amount of battery. Don't even know which of the apps internally is using the data from play services. I have turned off Auto sync, Turned off Location sharing, turned off Google Fit, Turned off Ads personalisation and opted out of IBA. Yet battery is drained the most by Play services. There is no option to optimise the battery usage by Play Services.

@Asus Team.. Need an immediate update for this. Doesn't feel like a 6000mah phone. ??
Attached are my battery stats
VD5Y4JJDHGQG.jpg

43 REPLIES 43

staradhish
Rising Star I
I am also facing the similar issue, tried factory reset twice but no luck. Another friend of mine bought rog 2 and facing the same issue. Attaching screenshot. Expecting a proper response from Asus, since lot of people are facing this issue.

Shubhojit
Rising Star II

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
This is a known bug in how it measures the battery consumption of apps like Google Play Services. Even Mobile Network Standby looks like it consumes a lot of power.
But this is just a meter showing wrong numbers. It's not actually consuming more than all other apps.
You have 9 hours of screen time, it was 34h since you charged your phone and you have 28% left.
There's nothing wrong with your battery life.

klynkrishnaa
Star II
Shubhojit

Switch to beta and check

https://developers.google.com/android/guides/beta-program

View post
I switched to Beta. But no luck. Don't know what else to do. Disabled all auto updates.
Attached is screenshot.