This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour banding issue

friendsandvis
Star II
Hi I have recently purchased a zenbook pro duo 15 OLED(UX582) laptop and I have noticed colour banding issue on my primary screen(oled screen).I want to know if this issue is a manufacturing defect on my device or some settings related issue.My device is still under warranty period so if I am be sure its a manufacturing defect I can raise a service request to asus.Can someone please confirm if these laptops tend to have colour banding on the primary oled screen or not.
9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
friendsandvis

@Falcon_ASUS

windows display options has HDR toggle off if that's what you meant by HDR.

OS:Windows 10 Home 64bit(Version   10.0.19043 Build 19043)

VGA Drivers:

Nvidia- studio driver(516.94)

Intel- UHD graphics(30.0.101.1218)

test video:youtube video named "Color banding test v2.01 | Test your display | #8"(sorry cannot put a link as i do not have the permission to post links yet)

Hope the information helps.

View post
@friendsandvis
I have sent you a message, you can provide me with the link to the video through the message, thank you.

Falcon_ASUS
friendsandvis

@Falcon_ASUS

windows display options has HDR toggle off if that's what you meant by HDR.

OS:Windows 10 Home 64bit(Version   10.0.19043 Build 19043)

VGA Drivers:

Nvidia- studio driver(516.94)

Intel- UHD graphics(30.0.101.1218)

test video:youtube video named "Color banding test v2.01 | Test your display | #8"(sorry cannot put a link as i do not have the permission to post links yet)

Hope the information helps.

View post
@friendsandvis
Confirmed by the technical unit, this is a normal phenomenon of the OLED screen, please don't worry.
Thank you.

popolino1909
Star III
My friend still tries to solve this problem

3dmikee
Rising Star I
It's stupid to test it on a YouTube video with its video quality compression or on a jpeg image. Here is the right test  — lagom.nl , if you don't like the result use an alternative icc color profile

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.