This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Benchmarks, gaming tests

excavation5
Rising Star II
Hi all i pre-order rog phone 6 whit 16ram and 512 storage and becouse i make pre-order i will get AeroActive cooler for free. Also i search a lot information about gaming performance and more correct about temperature in continuous gaming i play only COD mobile at 90 fps settings , apex legends and sometimes mobile legends
So can someone make a screenshots or video of the temperature and FPS in this games at max settings for 20-30 or 40 mintes gaming
Also i will be happy if i see more test of the temperatures in antutu benchmark and some stress tests

Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Something that I noticed, pubg videos on the rog6 are extremely rare. I've seen some pubg videos on youtube saying in the title "rog6" but where rog5 phones in the end. Pubg players seem way more interested in the red magic, since there are tons of videos with pubg on the rm. Other videos claiming they have Rog6 dont show anything such as armory crate etc with mismatched resolution which means they just put it in the title for views.
In terms of pubg i have found nothing.
CODM I have only found a handful sources, the best one is this:

Here it runs a little weird, the game seems to have a lot of microstutters, I'm not sure why. After 2 minutes the game also got more sluggish. When you watch at 0.25 speed youll notice quite easily that around 2 minute mark there seems to be a delay in touch input as well when compared to the start, input lag seems sporadic for some reason. Sadly I couldnt find any video with FPS on, it almost seems like people are hiding the FPS on purpose.
As for Apex, I found nothing there as well.
I find it highly suspect that none of the reviewers that reviewed the phone ever used gamegenie to show FPS and cut the gameplay portion.

Biggbox13
Star III
Danishblunt

Something that I noticed, pubg videos on the rog6 are extremely rare. I've seen some pubg videos on youtube saying in the title "rog6" but where rog5 phones in the end. Pubg players seem way more interested in the red magic, since there are tons of videos with pubg on the rm. Other videos claiming they have Rog6 dont show anything such as armory crate etc with mismatched resolution which means they just put it in the title for views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fyJMGWlPIc

Here it runs a little weird, the game seems to have a lot of microstutters, I'm not sure why. After 2 minutes the game also got more sluggish. When you watch at 0.25 speed youll notice quite easily that around 2 minute mark there seems to be a delay in touch input as well when compared to the start, input lag seems sporadic for some reason. Sadly I couldnt find any video with FPS on, it almost seems like people are hiding the FPS on purpose.

I find it highly suspect that none of the reviewers that reviewed the phone ever used gamegenie to show FPS and cut the gameplay portion.

View post
youtu.be/y0Dh4AN_eLg
Here's Apex legends gameplay with real time info enabled.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Biggbox13

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224744#Comment_224744

youtu.be/y0Dh4AN_eLg

Here's Apex legends gameplay with real time info enabled.

View post
Thanks a ton, finally a somewhat usable video. It is to short but at least it gives us information. I came to the conclusion that the rog5 and rog6 are both not suited for competitive gaming, the input lag is just way to high for serious competitive gamers.
Also the framerate is unstable, apex is actually a really easy to run game, but for some reason there are some severe dips in FPS as well. I don't think I've ever seen a phone that dips down to 53fps while running around doing nothing in apex, not even a rp2 with a SD 845 ever dipped below 59fps when doing "nothing".
What baffles me the most is the fact that it doesnt seem to be caused by low clockspeeds either since the usage is relatively low.

excavation5
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fyJMGWlPIc

View post
This delay is software bug again becouse i also have this problem on my S10 lite when i buy it but after some updates this disappear . For phone performance best test for me is gameplay for 30min minimum or 1 hour and the result must be taken in the wast game for the temperature and fps in this last game

excavation5
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/224774#Comment_224774

Thanks a ton, finally a somewhat usable video. It is to short but at least it gives us information. I came to the conclusion that the rog5 and rog6 are both not suited for competitive gaming, the input lag is just way to high for serious competitive gamers.

Also the framerate is unstable, apex is actually a really easy to run game, but for some reason there are some severe dips in FPS as well. I don't think I've ever seen a phone that dips down to 53fps while running around doing nothing in apex, not even a rp2 with a SD 845 ever dipped below 59fps when doing "nothing".

What baffles me the most is the fact that it doesnt seem to be caused by low clockspeeds either since the usage is relatively low.

View post
For this fps dips i found the way for stable fps on the rog phone 5 but when asus push the last 3 updates they broke the armory crate and the advanced settings .... before they broke it i was locked core 1,2,3,4 to 1.4 ghz 2,3,4 to 1.6 ghz and core 8 was whit free frequency also i notice if i play on 4g or 5g the phone get very very hot but on wifi i didnt have this problem .... call of duty battle royal ot 4g i get 46-47C but on wifi i get mas 42-43 at maximum settings and in the end the biggest phoblems of the phone is BAD SOFTWARE becouse of asus developers !!!!! You can see this in tha latest rog phone 5 software how bad is in gaming