This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is completely out

noel_fornolles1
Star II
My Asus Zenfone 8 just turned 1 year and 1 month old, i bought it at pre-sale here in the Philippines.
It won't charge nor will it turn on. Nothing works, charging it makes the LED light at the bottom give a red blinking indication for a couple of minutes. It will not respond to pressing the power button and volume buttons.
I tried returning it to the seller but my warranty was only for 1 year.
8 REPLIES 8

noel_fornolles1
Star II
Hi @karol.wolkanin
That's my impression as well. I hope more people who have this problem would speak up about it.

AntaresSquad
Star I
Hi @noel.fornolles18
Same problem happened to me around Dec 2021. It is caused by motherboard failure which used to be caused by ramdump. Search up "zenfone 8 ramdump" if you'd want to know more about it. There was also a discussion about this problem in zentalk forum.
If you have any plans in having your phone RMA'd, you may want to check your IMEI number. My phone went through an RMA and after receiving it, while it has the same motherboard serial number, the IMEI number was changed. At least this was one change I noticed after the RMA and checking the hardware through About Phone and .12345+ or whatever trigger I can use in stock calculator.
For now, there are no problems here with my phone even with the different IMEI number though I hope this will be the first and last motherboard failure that may occur.

noel_fornolles1
Star II
Hi @AntaresSquad
That's what i'm afraid of, a motherboard change costs almost the same as a new phone.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.