Rising Star II
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: UX4802ZE Duo pro 14
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:Just to inform some of you that it is better to turn off the option "Automatic essential updates" because after updating, the system immediately restart without asking if I was ready for that. I lost some of my 3D works and had to restart...
I was shocked because MyAsus should give me a warning and ask me to allow the restart...

3 REPLIES 3

Rachelgomez123
Star III
Turn on automatic updates for Windows 10
By default, Windows 10 updates your operating system automatically. However, it is safest to manually check that you are up to date and it is turned on.
Select the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen.
windows 10 desktop screen with menu highlighted in bottom left hand corner of screen
Click on the Settings Cog icon.
windows 10 desktop screen with bottom left hand menu expanded and settings cog highlighted
Once in Settings, scroll down and click on Update & Security.
inside system settings mouse has hovered over 'About' option on left hand menu fifth option from the top
In the Update & Security window click Check for Updates if necessary. To check if your updates are paused, click Advanced Options.
Some feature updates will need to be manually enabled even when automatic updates are turned on. To do this go to, Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for updates.

Greeting,
Rachel Gomez

popolino1909
Star III
I hate automatic updates

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.