This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS don't care about Rog series

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
As mentioned in my video on release the Rog5 was some rushed garbage they put out with tons of flaws. People still bought it like bread and now all are wondering about how the phones are dying left and right, not only that but has tons of software issues as well which are probably never going to be adressed.
Last update was on the 16.6.2022, which is 2.5 months ago.
Looking at how awful the Rog6 turned out to be, it's safe to say, that ASUS is probably phasing out their rog series in favor of their zenfone.
19 REPLIES 19

PinkFires
Rising Star I
Mine hasn't died ever yet but the software instability is getting a little ridiculous. Battery life feels like it's just like any other phone, there's a ton of random bugs, and uh security update? No?

I'm starting to hope my phone dies soon so I have to buy something else LOL

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
I won't buy ROG phones again
Trash services from ASUS

ChillyRide
Rising Star I
Mine is fine too, still alive but I am not a heavy phone gamer. Overall 4 month no security patches, agreed with battery, 6000 mah and its still a joke. With current firmware this phone downgraded massively from the day I bought it. Worse sound from speakers, worse gaming performance (have to tune heavy games in order to bring back performance), current aerocooler is scum product, literally, kunai 3 for 200$+shipping? Insane price. No Volte support. First and last Asus phone. Funny thing I cant sell it cause everyone already knows that this phone "melting" with heat and have tons of mobo problems etc, all asking the same questions. Great job Asus.

PinkFires
Rising Star I
ChillyRide

Mine is fine too, still alive but I am not a heavy phone gamer. Overall 4 month no security patches, agreed with battery, 6000 mah and its still a joke. With current firmware this phone downgraded massively from the day I bought it. Worse sound from speakers, worse gaming performance (have to tune heavy games in order to bring back performance), current aerocooler is scum product, literally, kunai 3 for 200$+shipping? Insane price. No Volte support. First and last Asus phone. Funny thing I cant sell it cause everyone already knows that this phone "melting" with heat and have tons of mobo problems etc, all asking the same questions. Great job Asus.

View post
I barely even use the phone for its supposed intended purpose (gaming) because the battery drains SO FAST and it gets SO HOT. I've had it go up to 49ºC in some instances. I get that it's Summer and the 888 chip is a powerful thing but jesus.

SOT when not gaming is like 5 hours with 14 hour standby. Sometimes I can get 1 day standby if my SOT is only 2 or 3 hours. Idk man, maybe I have too many things on (GPS, bluetooth, data + WiFi, 120hz) and it sucks the power right out but I kinda expected more from it.

At least mine hasn't just randomly died because the motherboard is crap though. 😂