cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ethernet adapter keep disconnecting during games

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
hello everybody,
i just bought rog phone 6 three days ago and i noticed some glitches here and there and after searching on internet i found that alot of this bugs or issues happend to other users so i will not talk about it now because majority of that issues is UI related and u can live with it untill receiving new update, but my issue that am gonna talk about is reason that i bought this device and its not accepted at all which is (ethernet adapter connection keeps droping and disconnecting during the game ) yes its gaming phone and the connection keeps dropping. i tried to do many things to fix the issue but nothing solve it, i tried this : unistalled un-nessessery apps+restart device+restart modem+factory reset device ...and nothing solve the issue than i tried to disable the (ARMOURY CRATE) app and i felt that the performance of my device and ethernet connection become slightly better but the issue not solved ...so any one faced something like this. BTW am using good brand adapter (powerology brand) and this adapter works flawlessly with my ipad mini and S22 ultra and am using (cat 6 and cat 7 cable) direct from the router. i wish to find solution for this issue because i cant play call of duty mobile because of this issue!!!

Model Name : Asus rog phone 6
firmeware : Android 12 with last security update
Not rooted
Frequency : sometimes 3 times during the game, sometimes 5 times, sometimes the system not recognise the adapter, sometimes the system takes more than 2 minutes to recognise the adapter, sometimes i need to unplug the adapter 3 times to recognise the adapter
idont know which app causes this and the apps installed on my device is : whatsapp, messenger lite, call of duty mobile

This happend with the USB-C 3.1 located at the left side of the device ( not bottom )
33 REPLIES 33

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

It looks like a compatibility problem, it is not normal that it is necessary to make several connections and 2 min to initialize the internet, this first point indicates that there will be problems.

Note, powerology does not seem to be a manufacturer, and not at all specialized in network hardware, it is a multi-product OEM, from blinders to vacuum cleaners, which buys from manufacturers and affixes its brand, even if the problem does not exist. is not imputed, it is not a quality guarantee and impossible to have advanced technical specifications, especially on the chipset, Asix, corechips, realtek, others?, this is the most important info that would immediately to know if it is a compatibility problem, Rog 6 or other. Asus is not better, impossible to know the chipset of the Professional Dock

Regarding operation with Apple and Samsung, it's normal, all manufacturers ensure this minimum compatibility, the problems start with other brands or consoles.

Some tips for testing

To eliminate a power problem, only connect the Rog 6

Disables bluetooh and Wifi of the Rog6, Airplane Mode is ideal for testing

Check that there are no energy savings on the ROG6 but also on the router.

If possible, test with a USB-C Ethernet converter from another brand that certifies Android, which has worldwide distribution and support

example https://www.startech.com/en-us/cards-adapters/laptop-docking-stations

Of course, I do not exclude that the Rog 6 is in question, there is still a number of fairly large bugs, audio, the impossibility for a device to wake up the bluetooth ......

View post
No, it's not a compatibility problem. It's a bug caused by the phone, presumably battery saving bs. As he mentioned before, other phones work just fine with the hub, meaning the hub is just fine. Since the drivers for hubs and such are pretty much stock things in the linux kernel and whatnot, that means there is no way this is an incompatibility problem, rather just buggy rog6 software adding on to the already insanely large list. I have most likely the same hub as he has, also a rebranded china thing, works perfecly fine with the Rog3.

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
Finally after several attempts i found solution came up (suddenly) wish to help developer solve this issue. actully it is a trick but it's solve the problem temporarily untill new software updae.
the trick is ( plug the hub or the adapter than restart the device while the hub is connected, after the device wake-up you will receive notification (setup 3.1 usb.......) just click on the notification and thats it..enjoy) this trick proofs that there is no compatibility issue ( with hubs or adapters ) or hardware issue ...i think developer can fix this ASAP
i will be very happy if someone has the same issue and this trick solve it.
Regards

Mazen_Junaidi
Star III
is this website for developers?
i can see at the bottom of this page some people called Moderators and Leaderboard !!! will they read our comments and send it to developers??

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Well done, finally done, at least one workaround
You compared the speeds/latency PC/Android with SpeedTest Normally the moderators bring up the problems, afterwards, what R&D does with them and how they correct and above all check remains a mystery.

@Danishblunt
Hmm, I know it's included in the kernel but knowing Asus's diligence on updates, are the drivers up to date, the latest AX is for example 1.2 of 2020, RTL 2022
Moreover for Vulkan Google requests 1.3 for Android 13, the Rog 5 should therefore normally evolve

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

Well done, finally done, at least one workaround

You compared the speeds/latency PC/Android with SpeedTest Normally the moderators bring up the problems, afterwards, what R&D does with them and how they correct and above all check remains a mystery.

@Danishblunt

Hmm, I know it's included in the kernel but knowing Asus's diligence on updates, are the drivers up to date, the latest AX is for example 1.2 of 2020, RTL 2022

Moreover for Vulkan Google requests 1.3 for Android 13, the Rog 5 should therefore normally evolve

View post
Ofc ASUS don't 🤣
Drivers are horribly outdated, but it should still be covered just fine. The bug is caused by something else as he has proven already, if it was a driver issue he wouldnt shouldnt be able by fixing it with a restart.