cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating/battery drainage after update

piivikki
Star III
Hi!
I received and installed an update now in August on my ZenFone 8 and since then my phone gets very hot when it's used. Even during calls when the screen is off. Battery also drains a lot faster after the update.
Anyone else having this problem after latest update? Something I can do to solve this? I mean other than waiting for a new update that hopefully fixes the problem.
27 REPLIES 27

Ronzky321
Star III
You guys on the latest .113 update? It seems they broke something. If you check with Geekbench scores have drop around 20%.
Single Core from 1100 to 770
Multi Core from 3550 to 2975
Not just me. I just confirmed from someone having the same issue (from xda forum).

landsome
Rising Star II
I've seen that on XDA. I updated to .113 via full file (not incremental update, since I could not find it, and not OTA) and I get the full Geekbench score (1120) and no heating in general. Also, good battery life.

vvzinenko
Star III
They release update curves after which the phone works abnormally and then they advise you to reset to factory settings and at the same time do not think how long it will take to restore. This is my first and last experiment with Asus, and they then made another clone. And zen 8 will be buried without realizing its full power . They wrote that they listened to the buyers in fact, after each update, problems of various kinds arise.

Nerdye
Star III
Can Asus revert the update to the previous version? I was perfectly happy with my phone until Aug 2022.
Strange how it coincides with the launch of their ZENFONE 9. Hope there's no fkery going on like what Apple did to their older phones. -.-

MrAvenger
Rising Star II
I did OTA update and have no issue
Geekbench 5 scores as follows

Single core 1110
Multi core 3361