Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: 3 - 4 nights per week
Reset OS: ?
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi everyone,
when I put my computer to sleep and come back some hours later, it sometimes is blazing hot (you can't toouch the underside). When I try to wake it by pressing the power button, it doesn't simply wake from standby; it seems to boot from hibernation, even that is disabled and the computer was plugged in all the time.
MyAsus says that all drivers are up do date. I know this is a Win11 beta, but it also happened on Win10 and the final Win11.
I'm really worried about it catching on fire. Don't know what to check.
11 REPLIES 11

Falcon_ASUS
Sonny1983
  1. System: Win11 beta
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX581GV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 3 - 4 nights per week
  5. Reset OS: ?
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi everyone,

when I put my computer to sleep and come back some hours later, it sometimes is blazing hot (you can't toouch the underside). When I try to wake it by pressing the power button, it doesn't simply wake from standby; it seems to boot from hibernation, even that is disabled and the computer was plugged in all the time.

MyAsus says that all drivers are up do date. I know this is a Win11 beta, but it also happened on Win10 and the final Win11.

I'm really worried about it catching on fire. Don't know what to check.

Zenbook Pro Duo GLOWING HOT in standby
@Sonny1983
I would recommend you to check if the laptop has more dust causing it to overheat.
You can refer to the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Overheating (Fan) issue of ASUS laptop | Official Support | ASUS Global[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Laptop does not wake from Sleep or Hibernate mode | Official Support | ...If the situation remains the same, according to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
I have had this issue a couple of times but I cannot confirm what causes it. I have pulled the device out of my bag blazing hot with the fans blowing full speed like a hair dryer and almost depleting my battery.
If you use the power button to put it to sleep, do not close the lid immediately. Wait a few seconds until the power button stops flashing, and then you may close the lid.
Let me know if that helps your situation so I know if that is the cause - it would appear to be a sleep state problem by either Windows or the motherboard firmware/BIOS.
If that is the cause of the problem then I really think ASUS is able to do something about it to fix it in firmware.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Oh also, if it does work then check that your power button settings are the same for when the device is plugged in and on battery. Because the sleep state might be set to different behaviour depending on which power source the device is using.

Sonny1983
Star II
@Falcon_ASUS : The problem is not dust, since a computer in standby consumes extremely low power so it can't create a big amount of heat. The problem is, that the system goes to standby (when closing the lid) but later (sometimes after hours) wakes up by itself and gets blazing hot. I dont know what wakes it up. I even tuned off my bluetooth mouse (which I would not normally do). But still, my Zenbook wakes up in the middle of the night and gets hot.
@potatosubwoofer Yes, the settings for battery and AC are identical.
My next step is to do a clean install of Win11 (final version). I already downloaded all ASUS drivers. I will report in a couple of days...