This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Zenbook duo 14 OLED (2022) need a screen protector?

FongPoui
Rising Star II
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC:
Model: UX8402ZE
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:I purchased a Zenbook duo 14 OLED nearly a month ago. I would like to know if it needs a screen protector? If yes, which type?
8 REPLIES 8

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
I do not know about that model, but I have the UX482EG from last year and I wish I had purchased a screen protector for it. My model had a matte screen coating which rubbed against the keys of the keyboard when the device was closed (not much pressure applied).
It was a design flaw and ASUS were not apologetic about it when I think they could have done more about it. Next time I will put a screen protector on or keep the soft fabric sheet they include for shipping so that I don't have the same problem. That is, if I buy another ASUS laptop in the future.

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@potatosubwoofer
Today, I finally arrived to get my two screens covered by Focus Screen Film Protector. I was satisfied with the service of a small shop located in Fortune Center in Bangkok. After being protected, the touch screen is excellent. The scolling is very smooth. So it is better to protect your zenbook screens by a film cover. If you live in Bangkok and would like to get your zenbook screen covered, I recommand this shop : Somsom Film, the phone number is 087-5262217. She (Khun Som(ส้ม)) has a very good skill in adapting focus film protector to zenbook screens. Because the screen size of zenbook duo 14 pro has a special size, she needs to cut film protector to fit the two screens.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
That's fantastic to know! Thank you for sharing

vanajvidyan
Star III
FongPoui

@potatosubwoofer

Today, I finally arrived to get my two screens covered by Focus Screen Film Protector. I was satisfied with the service of a small shop located in Fortune Center in Bangkok. After being protected, the touch screen is excellent. The scolling is very smooth. So it is better to protect your zenbook screens by a film cover. If you live in Bangkok and would like to get your zenbook screen covered, I recommand this shop : Somsom Film, the phone number is 087-5262217. She (Khun Som(ส้ม)) has a very good skill in adapting focus film protector to zenbook screens. Because the screen size of zenbook duo 14 pro has a special size, she needs to cut film protector to fit the two screens.

View post
I've been exploring getting a Screen Protector for my Duo UX482EA as well. I'm beginning to see some marks on the primary screen. Is it regular film (like a plastic screen protector on new phones)? Or did you apply a tempered glass? Which would you recommend, if I have a choice?