This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display and pwm

Evolution101
Star III
Is the display identical to the Zenfone 8 hence the pwm value should be the same?
22 REPLIES 22

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Evolution101

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223879#Comment_223879

Simply because I would like to experience it with higher Hz without experiencing pwm which is possible on the Zenfone 8. So rather than downgrade it through the settings I could just use a Zenfone 8 without having to miss the better screen performance.

View post
Hate to break it to you but both phones cannot do DC dimming above 60hz. The reason you feel worse using the Zenfone 9 is simply because in auto mode it mostly sits around 90hz rather than 60hz which the Zenfone 8 was using on auto on for the most part. If you would do something that would force the refreshrate higher u'd feel equally ill on the zenfone 8. You basicially used your zenfone 8 for the most part on 60hz due to ASUS being very conservative with the switching.

Evolution101
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223889#Comment_223889

Hate to break it to you but both phones cannot do DC dimming above 60hz. The reason you feel worse using the Zenfone 9 is simply because in auto mode it mostly sits around 90hz rather than 60hz which the Zenfone 8 was using on auto on for the most part. If you would do something that would force the refreshrate higher u'd feel equally ill on the zenfone 8. You basicially used your zenfone 8 for the most part on 60hz due to ASUS being very conservative with the switching.

View post
Well I appreciate your insight and tips. I'll try that.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.