This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original 30W Charger stops charging within minutes of turning it on.

pemaw12
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ASUS ROG PHONE 3
Firmware Version: WW_31.0210.0210.236
Rooted or not: NOT ROOTED
Frequency of Occurrence: ALL THE TIME WHILE CHARGING WITH ORIGINAL 30W CHARGER
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the A12 update my charger has gone nuts while charging my phone but works well on other phones. Starts well at about 70% per hour but soon drops down to discharging instead while still showing hypercharge. Other fast charger brands work perfectly well. I was looking to buy another but then I see quite a few cases of the same curious problem. And not a single solution do far. Has anyone managed to crack it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pemaw12
Star II
Just came across a post from someone last month who bought a brand new ASUS charger but the problem remained. It's clear by now, looking at so many users with variations of the same basic issue, that it's not something that ASUS can brush under the carpet as a mere hardware issue. They are not even pretending to try. Ripe for a class-action suit.
screenshot-20220812-024512051.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pemaw12
Star II
Just came across a post from someone last month who bought a brand new ASUS charger but the problem remained. It's clear by now, looking at so many users with variations of the same basic issue, that it's not something that ASUS can brush under the carpet as a mere hardware issue. They are not even pretending to try. Ripe for a class-action suit.
screenshot-20220812-024512051.png

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi pemaw12,
Please check your personal inbox message and let me know if it works.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.