cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating/battery drainage after update

piivikki
Star III
Hi!
I received and installed an update now in August on my ZenFone 8 and since then my phone gets very hot when it's used. Even during calls when the screen is off. Battery also drains a lot faster after the update.
Anyone else having this problem after latest update? Something I can do to solve this? I mean other than waiting for a new update that hopefully fixes the problem.
27 REPLIES 27

piivikki
Star III
erikvanlennep

For me, i noticed that my phone gets pretty hot and also drains battery fast lately. I did not yet connect it to the update, because of the heatwave in the Netherlands. Everything gets hot at this moment 😑

View post
Good point! We do have kind of a heatwave in Sweden too at this moment 😉 The problem started before the heatwave though but at this moment the battery drainage is insane.

keren_ASUS
Hi everyone @pichis666 @Robert_K @erikvanlennep
Please make sure that all the Google service apps on your phones are updated (google app, google service, Android webview, youtube) and restart your phone.
If the problem still persists, please confirm the following :
When did the phone encounter this issue? Suspend or when doing a specific action?
If it happened in suspend, please check if the data keeps download/upload in the background? Like using google to backup (photo/data)
Please provide the number of temperature and power consumption? You can get the temp. info by going to game genie>Real-time info, power consumption info by setting>battery>battery usage
share a log
Thank you all for the help!

Grzemar
Rising Star I
Same problem after last update, I got used to overheating. But battery draining.. Airplane and durable modes on - by night (7-8h) drain 3-5%. For normal usage by day "drainage is insane" like someone before say. I have all google tailes up to date.

ma_van_drunen
Star III
I can confirm the higher battery usage and occasional heating since the update. "Phone inactive" and "Samsung Health" use significantly more power than usual for me. Typical screen on time decreased from about 4 hours to 3.

Nerdye
Star III
Agreed, my ZENFONE 8 is heating up and draining it's battery alot quicker these 2 weeks, previously a full charge would last me the whole day, now I am having to charge it 2~3 times (approx 20mins) in between each day.