This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG PHONE 6 - NO VOLTE (GREYED OUT) - NO WIFI CALLING - NO CALLS - NO SERVICE - ANDROID 12 !!!

Jay_ROG6
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG_PHONE6
Firmware Version: WW_32.2810.2206.97
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: ALWAYS
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I just got this ROG phone 6 which I paid almost $1500 for and the phone is having the same issue in this thread which was recently resolved with an update that was released weeks ago!! I don't know what to do at all with "My exciting new phone" which has NO SERVICE due to VOLTE greyed out which you cant anable it anywhere in this ANDROID 12 . please get back to me as soon as possible I've been a customer with ASUS since ROG PHONE 1. this is very frustrating... here is the link for the thread.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61747/rog-3-volte-not-functioning-after-update-android-12-31-...
22 REPLIES 22

Jay_ROG6
Star III
I don't understand I just tried a T-Mobile sim card and the service worked.. why isn't AT&T working!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jay ROG6

I don't understand I just tried a T-Mobile sim card and the service worked.. why isn't AT&T working!

View post
This is why, I hope you understand now.

ktw
Rising Star II
Jay ROG6

View post
As I've mentioned, ROG Phone 6 is not on AT&T's list of tested & supported devices yet (as you'll find by following the link posted by Danish), and AT&T is particularly strict with not allowing non-US models in its network. As in, really strict. You'll get 0 services and may get kicked out of its network if you are not using a "compatible device".
T-mobile is generally more open to non-US models, although there are still models that it doesn't fully support (e.g. can't make/receive calls). But I'm actually surprised that you said ROG Phone 6 works on T-mobile... or does it (i.e. have VoLTE)?

^ edited to clarify what I meant by "working" since VoLTE was what the original post was mainly concerned about 🙃

FunBike31
Community Legend I
Jay ROG6

View post
As said before, the Rog 6 is not yet certified for the USA by the government body, so it cannot have operator certification.
In any case you are lucky and/or the US customs are lax, here (stat family and colleague) one parcel out of approximately 20 arriving from Asia is opened by customs, the risk is just the VAT and the customs fees but for a non-C.E certified device is destruction, $1500 hurts
Here, you should know with this site when your device will work and with which operator.
https://sim-usa.mobi/fr/compatibilite-telephone/

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ktw

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223445#Comment_223445

As I've mentioned, ROG Phone 6 is not on AT&T's list of tested & supported devices yet (as you'll find by following the link posted by Danish), and AT&T is particularly strict with not allowing non-US models in its network. As in, really strict. You'll get 0 services and may get kicked out of its network if you are not using a "compatible device".

T-mobile is generally more open to non-US models, although there are still models that it doesn't fully support (e.g. can't make/receive calls). But I'm actually surprised that you said ROG Phone 6 works on T-mobile... or does it?

View post
It does, but no VoLTE etc. Just the standard 2g stuff and lte for internet.