This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

PhenomFX
Star III
New update rolled out with some audio optimizations.
Not sure if it worse or better, so i would like to hear from everyone.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
PhenomFX

View post
All Asus sites only have .97 yet, if there is a new one it may take 10-15 days for notification to all users.
What firmware number did you update to?

PhenomFX
Star III
It stated some audio optimizations, but no software tricks can emulate the lacking hardware.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
PhenomFX

It stated some audio optimizations, but no software tricks can emulate the lacking hardware.

View post
Improved no that's for sure, but break it and never manage to make it as good as at the beginning, even after ten firmware, they are on top🙄

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
PhenomFX

View post
From what people reported this "optimization" broke it even further. @waxy78611 having really bad Rog5 flashbacks right about now.