This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
excavation5

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/223297#Comment_223297

Before i pre-order rog phone 6 i was whit rog phone 5 but it was very very buggy whit bad performance in the lasts updates

Also i write this post for gaming tests becouse i dont believe in the gaming performance reviews in youtube ... most of them show us how genshin impact work at 60 fps / 42 C but this is fake becouse that is only 5 minute gameplay and for this reason i can trust more to someone who have this phone and send me real 30 minute gameplay of some game

View post
@Jesp.r
Humor me and tell the guy that Rog5 bugs will be fixed, see his reaction after your post, then come again and claim ASUS will fix Rog6 bugs.
Also I dare you to tell people like @waxy78611 that they will improve speaker over time. He will tell you very detailed how ASUS "improved" his Rog5 speakers.

11:35
It lost to a fking Iphone 13 not even max. If you really think Rog3 and Rog6 are comparible in terms of sound, then I have bad news for you, because then the Rog3 is either full of gunk and speakers are blocked or something else is wrong. The rog3 and by extention the Rog5 are far better in terms of sound.
At this point u're coping extremely hard.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
@Danishblunt I do not intend to convince you that the sound of rog6 is good. I base my opinion on my experience, I repeat that this has multiple points of view, and my point of view is that the sound is not bad. I'm not trying to convince anyone, it's my opinion. I have both phones, and my rog3 is in perfect condition. Listening to an audio on YouTube is not the same as listening to it live, with the phone in front of you. I repeat again that it has errors, like the one I published about the volume button. That bug is solvable, but I don't know if they will fix it, we'll see it over time.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@Jesp.r
It's unacceptable that a Gaming phone has worse than consumer grade speaker quality. That's my point, people should not be happy with downgrades, because if you accept sloppy seconds then the company will keep making downgrades and overcharge you because of brand. It's not like the Rog6 is cheaper, it's as expensive as the other Rog phones but with inferior hardware. If the price had been cut down, I could accept the downgrades but not like this. People like you are the sole reason companies like apple and samsung can do whatever the fk they want. You have no standards and people who have standards will suffer because of goofballs who seem to have way to much money to throw at subpar things. I'm passionate about the Rog phones because I know ASUS can do better, I know what they can produce, so everything I see misdesigned garbage I get infuriated because I know ASUS is being lazy.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Yes, it is clear that they can do better. Rog3 is proof of that. Since I bought my first rog phone (rog2) I have not bought another brand. I like Asus Rog I think as much as you, hehehe. I think the phone is fresh and still has a lot of room for improvement. What worries me the most is the silence of the mods... that makes me more nervous than any failure of the phone.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Jesp.r

@Danishblunt I do not intend to convince you that the sound of rog6 is good. I base my opinion on my experience, I repeat that this has multiple points of view, and my point of view is that the sound is not bad. I'm not trying to convince anyone, it's my opinion. I have both phones, and my rog3 is in perfect condition. Listening to an audio on YouTube is not the same as listening to it live, with the phone in front of you. I repeat again that it has errors, like the one I published about the volume button. That bug is solvable, but I don't know if they will fix it, we'll see it over time.

View post
Rog 6 speakers are a DOWNGRADE from rog 5, even the rog 3. So much so that not only have I returned my rog 6 & never intend to buy it again, but I've even ordered new batteries for my rog 5 aswel as a new back panel as I'll be keeping my rog 5 until the rog 7 is released.
Rog 6 is a major FLOP. Why pay a silly price tag for 165hz & a slightly "better" processor? Because that's all you're really getting.