This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

SupposablyAtThe
Star III
I have noticed some issues afteral. Somtimes the phone freezes for a few seconds when I'm playing spotify and try to adjust the volume, then it keeps doing that, other times it works great. Sometimes spotify won't really play at all, keeps stuttering (on downloaded songs so no buffering).

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
delano888

I have noticed some issues afteral. Somtimes the phone freezes for a few seconds when I'm playing spotify and try to adjust the volume, then it keeps doing that, other times it works great. Sometimes spotify won't really play at all, keeps stuttering (on downloaded songs so no buffering).

View post
Pretty sure its confirmed at this point that ASUS's attempt to fix the horrid speaker quality made the audiomaxx software buggy as hell.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Let's not be so drastic. The sound is not bad, it is more, I have already said several times that at least, for me, it is good, but I understand that there are many opinions for this. Some things need to be fixed, but I'm sure future updates will fix it. Comparing with Rog3, Rog6 sounds louder, and is heard with more stereo effect. Rog3 had a more "boom" effect that rog6 doesn't have, but for me, the sound of rog6 is good and very immersive. It is my opinion. It is true that it needs improvements, because there are many flaws, not only in the sound. For example, the Air triggers deactivate themselves (I have the flashlight and Xmode configured) and every so often it does not work and it is necessary to deactivate it and activate it again for it to work. Google services drain the battery a lot... slow charging not sure if it works well... anyway... it's a phone fresh out of the oven, the pro version hasn't been released yet. As long as they are not rog3 color banding related issues, I think all Rog6 bugs are solvable. Let's hope so.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

Let's not be so drastic. The sound is not bad, it is more, I have already said several times that at least, for me, it is good, but I understand that there are many options for this. Some things need to be fixed, but I'm sure future updates will fix it. Comparing with Rog3, Rog6 sounds louder, and is heard with more stereo effect. Rog3 had a more "boom" effect that rog6 doesn't have, but for me, the sound of rog6 is good and very immersive. It is my opinion. It is true that it needs improvements, because there are many flaws, not only in the sound. For example, the Air triggers deactivate themselves (I have the flashlight and Xmode configured) and every so often it does not work and it is necessary to deactivate it and activate it again for it to work. Google services drain the battery a lot... slow charging not sure if it works well... anyway... it's a phone fresh out of the oven, the pro version hasn't been released yet. As long as Rog3's color banding isn't a problem, I think all Rog6 bugs are solvable. Let's hope so.

View post
Wrong, you can't fix the speakers beyond what was stock. It has a single amp, unless you can break the laws of physics it won't work, period.
Also the Rog3 is significantly louder than the Rog6. Stock on the Rog3 the mids have been completely lowered, with simple EQ settings in audiomaxx it will be as loud as the Rog6 and if you break the limiter like I did the phone gets ridicolously loud, loudness is Rog2 but with bass.
Also the fact you think ASUS will fix the Rog6 in the near future is amusing to say the least. Rog5 users will gladly remind you that their Rog5 has been released 1.5years ago and their phone is still buggy as fk.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Regarding the sound, having the two phones in front of me, I can guarantee that the sound is not bad. I say again that it is my opinion, and that this has many points of view. Honestly, I don't know the technical values ​​or how many amps or magnets each one has, I just rely on my sense of hearing. I think they will fix it, in general the phone works very well. When I bought the rog3, it also had small bugs that were fixed (except for the color bands). I trust that.. if not, I will not buy an Asus phone again. There is one thing that I do not like, the silence of the moderators in these forums. It gives the feeling that they do not care about the bugs that we expose here.