This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible audio equalization, any way to disable audio wizard?

tsbreuer
Star I
I have noticed that the audio wizard for some reason randomly decides to play with the equalizer to lower distortion or focus on a specific sound on the song, which ends up creating a mess.
I literally cannot manage to get it to sound properly through the entire song, because the audio wizard will try to though the entire song keep changing the balance to adapt, and it just ends up coming out as a complete shitfest. I have tried all 4 music modes and at this point i'm just looking for a way to disable the automatic equalization, let me deal myself with the distortion if it happens.
Its to the point i'm considering looking into rooting the phone and getting a custom rom when possible because this is terrible, it straight up makes the speakers go from sounding great to just sounding worse than any midrange garbage phone.
I really REALLY dont understand why you would make the audio equalizer not have an off option to just let us do what we want with it.
63 REPLIES 63

SupposablyAtThe
Star III
I have not noticed this at all. Listen to music for about an hour a day, no distortion.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
I have been able to verify it. When I turn on the phone without pressing or changing the volume, the phone sounds "better" but the bass is excessive and eats up the rest of the sound. If we press the volume button, the equalizer should already be activated and the sound changes completely. They should adjust it and allow to disable the equalizer in future updates. Anyway, for me, the sound is not bad. I have opened a topic explaining this failure of the volume button, but I don't understand why no moderator answers... sometimes I think that they don't pay any attention to these forums...

tsbreuer
Star I
delano888

I have not noticed this at all. Listen to music for about an hour a day, no distortion.

View post
Its not that there's no distortion, is that the equalizer is going overtime to prevent distortion and as a result, completly messes up how the song sounds. I'd rather have distortion and just have to lower the volume a bit than what the equalizer is doing.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

I have been able to verify it. When I turn on the phone without pressing or changing the volume, the phone sounds "better" but the bass is excessive and eats up the rest of the sound. If we press the volume button, the equalizer should already be activated and the sound changes completely. They should adjust it and allow to disable the equalizer in future updates. Anyway, for me, the sound is not bad. I have opened a topic explaining this failure of the volume button, but I don't understand why no moderator answers... sometimes I think that they don't pay any attention to these forums...

View post
Its the problem hes describing.
@tsbreuer
Sadly this issue is not entirely the EQ, it's actually the fact that the rog6 is downgraded. Instead of having 2 amps to power each speaker and a 3rd one to power headphones seperatively you only get 1 amp for everything. This makes it so that the speakers cannot recieve enough power, the thing you see as "dynamic EQ" is nothing more than your amp not being able to produce enough power to play the frequencies.
Here is a nice song to demonstrate the problem:

Play this song at maximum volume, youll notice how it sounds very good at the beginning but the moment the baseline is coming in the sound will "swing" extremely hard because the amp struggles hard.

There is no other fix than either sacrificing the little bass you have for a tinny sound or lower max volume.