Battery or AC: Both
Model: Asus Zenbook Duo UX482EGR
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes, both independent and factory
Screenshot or video: See Below
========================
Detailed description:

Hello everyone,
I am wondering if you all have the same issue with your units. My unit tends to heat up all the time, regardless of what i do. I would open application and it would heat up, id open 10 and it would heat up. I choose whisper mode -> heats up, same for other modes.

At the time i wrote this, i had 4 applications open. Firefox (4 taps), WebEx (its like microsoft teams), Microsoft Word (one document), and one PDF document. hardly a reason to heat up.... and consumption is as you see below... But again, the applications or amount of stuff open rarely makes a difference.

My laptop has the lifting thing put underneath (ergolift pad?) and its NOT blocking the vent.

The heat is mostly in the middle top and top left side (where the HDMI is) on the bottom of the laptop. Putting my hands there, i can feel alot of heat more likely 50+

The fans run load when in high performance or Balanced mood. In Whisper, the laptop just heats up until it toasts the table :(...

And just in case anyone thinks about asking, the room tempreture is <26 C*

11 REPLIES 11

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
It seems your CPU is idling high. I would recommend using a battery monitoring app such as the one by Passmark to see if you're consuming a lot of power for some reason, or if it is a bad heatsinking issue.
If your discharge rate is high then you would expect a lot of heat, whereas if your discharge rate is low but you are still getting high temperatures then I would suspect it is a hardware issue.
What battery life do you get on your Duo?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.