This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get One-Handed Mode to work

fergusd84
Rising Star I
When I exit Settings after switching One-Handed Mode on, it stubbornly fails. Swiping down still Shows Notifications even though Pull Screen Into Reach is selected.
Am I missing something? Is some other Setting interfering with this facility?
8 REPLIES 8

keren_ASUS
Hi @fergusd84
Thank you for letting us know about this. Can you cofirm that you're on the latest firmware release? Thank you!

fergusd84
Rising Star I
Thanks so much for following up. Sorry for slow response.
Yes - I am definitely on .113 and security 05 Aug.
I am not 100% certain - but I would say this started with the upgrade to .113. Previously I could use One-Handed (and I remember that when I first got the phone approx 1 month ago and set it up, One-Handed was the default setting).
Strange not to have seen any MeToo in response to my post .. .. but if you can identify the problem and resolve it that will be fantastic! (I checked just now that the problem persists - it does.)

keren_ASUS
Hey @fergusd84 Can you please try to install the latest launcher APK to see if this fixes the issue?
Download link as below or you can find it on the official site:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS590KS/AsusLauncher_8.5.0.54_220715_1.apk.zip 
Zenfone 8|Phones|ASUS GlobalIf the issue persists, can you please share a screen recording? Thank you!

fergusd84
Rising Star I
Thank you. I downloaded and successfully installed the Asus Launcher update.
Same problem.
Incidentally during my recent exploration of all this I learned how to use the One-Handed shortcut. And this is behaving perfectly. But I don't much welcome the on-screen shortcut icon and would prefer the swipedown trigger.
I will now make a Screen Recording to try to clarify the problem I am experiencing with this.
Thank you for your interest. Coming up next