This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 6, another hard pass.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Aight so I already talked with people who bought the phone and it seems all ASUS's ressoruces went to the Zenfone 9. The Rog6 is already a huge dissapointment, even when compared to the Rog6.
1.) Camera quality despite superior lens is on average worse. This is due to the fact that the IMX686 has had tons of time to develop and get optimized via software. So this could get better over time.
2.) The rog 6 is similair to the Rog5 when it comes to bugs.
3.) Speakers are an extreme dissapointment, lack of bass and generally just bad quality. Most consumer phones are superior.
4.) small downgrades here and there (micrphone, dac etc.), doesn't really mean much in terms of experience, but is a problem if price stays the same, which it does. If you're gonna go downgrade on stuff, you need to either change price or put good stuff somewhere else, such as actually good fingerprint.
5.) Fingeprint is as awful as Rog5, if you have smudgy fingers you can't unlock anything.
6.) Due to same dumb design, phone is fragile as hell.
7.) Same extremely dumb cooling system that relies on an external cooler. Using the phone without cooler is a recipe for dead brick if ASUS doesnt change their thermal management.
8.) Performance is good if you use the phone with active cooler, even without the cooler it performs great, however it gets way to hot. This will be handled like the Rog5, where they throttle the hell out of it without cooler trough updates.
9.) Battery drain is massive, in demanding games like genshin we look at 1.5-2hours gameplay at best.
Honestly it's extremely hard to recomment the Rog6 over the competition, especially red magic and lenovo Y90. I had high hopes for this one, but got shattered.
Well you know what they say right? 7 = lucky number. Also the gen2 finally seems like a true next gen chip with much better efficiency. Please ASUS, don't mess up the Rog7.
52 REPLIES 52

waxy78611
Zen Master I
Completely agree with this post.. I'm super glad my rog 6 had a hardware issue & I was able to return it under that reason. Otherwise I would have been forced to keep it & forced myself to like it. I'll stick to my rog 5 🤜🤛

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221578#Comment_221578

Hoenstly the zf9 seems like a solid device, if it doesnt dunk on itself like the zf8 its seriously not a terrible device.

View post
in the end... i bought a rog 6... lol. I was going to buy the zenfone9 but it is too small for me. I'll tell you about the experience, but for now I like it. It feels solid, the screen is infinitely better than the rog3 (now I really know what the color bands are). The audio... is not bad at all, but it is true that the "boom" effect that rog3 had, this one does not. With the new update it sounds better, but they have to polish it more. The vibrator is very good. It's a hot phone, the updates and installs, make it turn up the heat, it feels hotter than the rog3. In general, after a single day of use, I am happy, what I like the most for now is the quality of the screen compared to that of the rog3. I'll let you know how it goes after more days of use... (sorry for bad writing, I'm Spanish and I use Google translate)

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221626#Comment_221626

in the end... i bought a rog 6... lol. I was going to buy the zenfone9 but it is too small for me. I'll tell you about the experience, but for now I like it. It feels solid, the screen is infinitely better than the rog3 (now I really know what the color bands are). The audio... is not bad at all, but it is true that the "boom" effect that rog3 had, this one does not. With the new update it sounds better, but they have to polish it more. The vibrator is very good. It's a hot phone, the updates and installs, make it turn up the heat, it feels hotter than the rog3. In general, after a single day of use, I am happy, what I like the most for now is the quality of the screen compared to that of the rog3. I'll let you know how it goes after more days of use... (sorry for bad writing, I'm Spanish and I use Google translate)

View post
Sadly you bought a ticking timebomb. it will die much like the Rog5 does. The circuit responsible for the defects is still the same and unchanged.
Danishblunt

notagain.jpg

For the Rog2 people this is going to be a dejavu.

And the power IC Saga continues on the Rog5!
Once you end up like on of these guys:
afk

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Nop
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: 1st time
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Was using IG and kept the phone aside and went to get water. Came back and trying to use but phone does not turn back on.

Googling I get to know that this is become a common issue with asus phones.

And I get into more bad situation because I am out of warranty (13 months since purchase)

More over I haven't played a game since so many months. Stop making phones and pricing the phones very expensive.

Rog Phone 5 Dead
and have to pay for repair around 250-350EUR depending on what model you bought, I think it's safe to say it might be your last ASUS phone.
Also as for sound, it will never sound as good as the Rog3/rog5, because you only have 1 amp. The Rog3 and Rog6 both have dual amps.
Danishblunt

I wanted to find out why the speakers are so ass on the Rog6. I basicially wanted to find out if there is any hope that it will be fixed. Sadly I have to report you're screwed.

Remember the good old days where the Rog3 had 3 amps? 1 for each speaker and 1 for headphone output?

rog3-png.png

Those days are over, downgrade Phone 6 has only 1 amp for everything like all poopoo consumer phones:

rog6-png.png

Gone are the days where you get 1 amp per speaker.

@FunBike31 I thought I'd tag you here

I know some people are coping hard, but this is the reality, the Rog6 is nothing but a shadow of what the Rog phones were. All ressoruces have went to the ZF9, it's very clear.

Speakers will always suck, sorry guys
You probably would have been better of getting the rog5.

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
I bought the base version of 16gb because I wanted it in black and honestly, paying €200 more to have 2 more gigabytes and a screen in the back seems absurd.
Let's hope that doesn't happen to me, hehe. I'm guessing it'll be covered under warranty anyway. I have a 3-year warranty, and it won't expire until 2025, so in that aspect I'm "calm" hehe.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Jesp.r

I bought the base version of 16gb because I wanted it in black and honestly, paying €200 more to have 2 more gigabytes and a screen in the back seems absurd.

Let's hope that doesn't happen to me, hehe. I'm guessing it'll be covered under warranty anyway. I have a 3-year warranty, and it won't expire until 2025, so in that aspect I'm "calm" hehe.

View post
The phones only have 1 year warranty