cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus rog strix g17, ryzen 9 6900hx, rtx 3070 ti - very slow startup

Arnautu
Star I
Hi there!
My asus rog strix g17 rtx 3070 ti has a very slow startup from de moment i press the power button until it finally opens.
I have windows 11. I installes it, reinstalled it, recover it and every other thing i could think of.
The current situation of windows: all drivers installed automatically by windows. I don't have any other aplication on my laptop. I even uninstalled that app Armory Crate.
The problem in detail:
I press de power button.
It takes around 1 min. to 1.30 min just to open de monitor (i can tell when the monitor is open by the bleedind on the edges of the screen)
After this the logo appears and everything works as intended.
Any help would be nice.
One more thing. This happens only when i close the lid after i shutdown the laptop. If i leave the lid open until the next power on than it will boot normally. Very strange.
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
Arnautu

Hi there!

My asus rog strix g17 rtx 3070 ti has a very slow startup from de moment i press the power button until it finally opens.

I have windows 11. I installes it, reinstalled it, recover it and every other thing i could think of.

The current situation of windows: all drivers installed automatically by windows. I don't have any other aplication on my laptop. I even uninstalled that app Armory Crate.

The problem in detail:

1. I press de power button.
  2. It takes around 1 min. to 1.30 min just to open de monitor (i can tell when the monitor is open by the bleedind on the edges of the screen)
  3. After this the logo appears and everything works as intended.

Any help would be nice.

One more thing. This happens only when i close the lid after i shutdown the laptop. If i leave the lid open until the next power on than it will boot normally. Very strange.

asus rog strix g17, ryzen 9 6900hx, rtx 3070 ti - very slow startup
@Arnautu
What is the BIOS and system version you are currently using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalWhich version of Windows operating system am I running?Also, could you please provide me with a video of the problem happening?
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Arnautu
Star I
Laptop version G713RW.317 - Windows 11 64-bit
BIOS v. 317
Everything (drivers) is up to date.
Legit version of windows 11 64-bit.
The laptop monitor is 2560 x 1440 WQHD.
After the third power on power off cycle with the lid open it boots normally but if i close the lid the laptop will do the thing in the attached video.

Falcon_ASUS
Arnautu

Laptop version G713RW.317 - Windows 11 64-bit

BIOS v. 317

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/VL0PKCBHSUAX/vid-20220729-194605-28video-converter-com-29.mp4

Everything (drivers) is up to date.

Legit version of windows 11 64-bit.

The laptop monitor is 2560 x 1440 WQHD.

After the third power on power off cycle with the lid open it boots normally but if i close the lid the laptop will do the thing in the attached video.

View post
@Arnautu
According to what you described, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.