Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Red tint issue on my Rog 2

ag_954gupta
Star III
IA5YE60FWGSK.jpg
E9IGMQ0U9GR1.jpg
I recently received the Rog 2 Indian unit, and while tinkering with the brightness I found something weird, that is if I set the brightness from 0-50% the dark grey Colors (like the ones used in google apps for dark mode, and the dark grey color used in the notification bar of the Rog if the system theme is set to dark)
The dark grey Colors at lower brightness (i.e from 0-50%) seems to be reddish.
Below I have attached two pics, take of the Rog 2.

The app used was inshorts (in its dark mode) the one with dark grey color is the real color of the app seen above 50% brightness and the other reddish tint is seen from 0% brightness.
P.s it's not the wallpaper or any specific app it happens with any wallpaper, any app which uses the dark grey color(like google photos, Goole play store dark etc.)  and it can be seen at lower brightness. The thing was very hard to click on camera but I still clicked it.

It's something similar to the S8 red tint and the pixel blue tint.
Yes, in the Rog telegram group I did find another person who has the same issue and hence it seems like a fault from Asus.
Also I tried reaching Asus but as usual they aren't replying.
216 REPLIES 216

tejastrikes
Star I
Hi there,
Go to Setting....
Select Themes and wallpapers..
Then Select Classic Theme..In that IF you notice any red tint It's Display problem...
The Problem is The Issue with ROG Dark Theme Only.I think They will surely Fix it
Finally
It's NOT THE DISPLAY PROBLEM
LOVE ROG2????

RAIDEN_
Rising Star II
@Anders_ASUS can you please look into it

sehajpreet
Star I
kchinnavigneshraja

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22216#Comment_22216

Hello @Anilkumar I really don't know why you are posting the same comment again and again. We have tested this with all possible themes, launchers, wallpapers and Color settings! Red Tint always stays!. Even one of the mod confirmed the same. I don't know why you are insisting that its a part of the theme. Maybe you do not own ROG Phone 2?

View post
to know whether it is a software or hardware issue. We can just flash a third party rom in asus rog 2 and see the results if the red tint is gone then it is software issues otherwise it is hardware problem.

Amarpreet
Star I
sehajpreet

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22228#Comment_22228

to know whether it is a software or hardware issue. We can just flash a third party rom in asus rog 2 and see the results if the red tint is gone then it is software issues otherwise it is hardware problem.

View post
Grow up man 3rd party rom isn't there for rog 2 , even if any custom rom there if issue remain in kernel side rom give you same bugs as stock rom has.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
sehajpreet

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22228#Comment_22228

View post
Well the thing is if you flash another ROM none of the accesories ,air triggers, RGB and the extra things you get in Rog 2 will work.
Why would you want that?