This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAC Earphones (Oppo Enco X2) not detected by Zenfone 8

sahil_ms
Star III
Recently I bought Oppo Enco X2, and it supports both LDAC and LHDC. Since LHDC is not yet supported by Zenfone 8, is it possible to do it via OTA? Since Zenfone 9 already supports it and there's no hardware limitation (My Xiaomi Pad 5 supports LHDC with a Snapdragon 860).
But the issue does not end here, HeyMelody app is not able to detect that Zenfone 8 supports LDAC, and hence it's not giving the option to switch to LDAC from SBC. This doesn't happen with Xiaomi Pad 5 and I can switch between LDAC and LHDC flawlessly.
The issue could also be only HeyMelody side, but from initial impressions, it seems like something is wrong on ZenUI side. I'll report the same thing on HeyMelody, but Asus Devs, please see to it too.
7 REPLIES 7

Ronzky321
Star III
sahil.ms

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221512#Comment_221512

Okay I figured this. Asus by default keeps SBC option enabled, so the HD audio: AAC in bluetooth settings was missing. Without the option turned on, I can't enable LDAC mode in HeyMelody. So switch to AAC in Dev Options fixed the issue.

View post
SBC is mandatory so it's always ON. AAC is still a ver lossy codec esp for Android. Did you try checking in Bluetooth Settings while the TWS is connected? Beside the name of the TWS there's a gear icon to change the Bluetooth device's settings (name and a toggle for aptX/LDAC). If it's OFF, surely the app will not recognise LDAC/aptX support.

sahil_ms
Star III
Ronzky321

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/221881#Comment_221881

SBC is mandatory so it's always ON. AAC is still a ver lossy codec esp for Android. Did you try checking in Bluetooth Settings while the TWS is connected? Beside the name of the TWS there's a gear icon to change the Bluetooth device's settings (name and a toggle for aptX/LDAC). If it's OFF, surely the app will not recognise LDAC/aptX support.

View post
Strangely, the AAC mode was not visible until I switched to AAC in the developer settings, which is strange as it should always be there. But now after enabling it, I can toggle AAC in device bluetooth settings .

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.