This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proximity sensor problem during conversation

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
During the conversation, when I hold the phone to my ear, sometimes the screen wakes up and my ear starts up various functions of the phone. This is very common after updating to Android 12, previously it was less. Please solve this problem ASAP. Phone software version: 31.1010.0410.72, APP software version: 2.9.0.27_220324
84 REPLIES 84

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
@Mattias_ASUS
Another week has passed. You know what the bug is because you got the logs and found the bug. When are you gonna fix it?

Mattias_ASUS
Jjarek23

@Mattias_ASUS

Another week has passed. You know what the bug is because you got the logs and found the bug. When are you gonna fix it?

View post
As I responded on the PM, I'm waiting for a response from the R&D team.

nicholasgibbs
Star III
I have tried everything I have found on the forum and nothing has worked. I do not know if it is Android 12 or not because I updated the phone soon after purchase.
I tried Google Dialer + Google Contacts and thought it resolved the issue but it did not.
I tried the proximity fix app in the play store.
I tried going back to the original case. I do not have a screen protector on the phone.
I tried cleaning the phone.
I tested the proximity sensor using the code in the calculator to take you to the diagnostics and it passes.
My experience is the sensor does not fail immediately but eventually. I put a lock on the phone and that has saved me from pocket dials but I end up seeing my phone attempt to make emergency calls. But while I am talking on the phone I end up accidentally changing setting.
It is very frustrating and I am not sure why there is not a fix. Is it hardware? If so why is it successful in the diagnostics? Is it software and Asus is just slow to fix it?

Jjarek23
Rising Star I
@Mattias_ASUS

The WW_user_31.1010.0411.113 update is available. Does it fix the problem ?

Edit:
I checked. The bug still exists.

StealthRequiem
Rising Star I
Just downgrade to Android 11. Security updates are overrated, they are just a way to sell phones. I know people still using Android 7.
Android 12 really offers nothing over Android 11, other than a less attractive notification shade