This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 banned in Malaysia

smchay
Rising Star I
Just heard over the grapevine, seems the ZF9 has been banned in Malaysia due to non-compliance with 5G over here 🤷
Apparently the government has been receiving tons of complaints regarding the ROG5 and ZF8 with regards to compatible issues with the 5G/4G here, so good luck to Asus 😅
6 REPLIES 6

irenelee2009
Star II
smchay

Just heard over the grapevine, seems the ZF9 has been banned in Malaysia due to non-compliance with 5G over here 🤷

Apparently the government has been receiving tons of complaints regarding the ROG5 and ZF8 with regards to compatible issues with the 5G/4G here, so good luck to Asus 😅

Guess must be due to my complaints???🤔

FunBike31
Community Legend I
smchay

I heard a little voice last night that the AeroCooler 6 for Rog 5 was in store, harsh reality when I woke up.

ASUS just communicated that the ZF9 would not be distributed in Malaysia (was the ZF6 and ZF7?)
There is a difference with Forbidden
The Rog 6/6 Pro is distributed normally in Malaysia, as it is strictly the same 4-5G RF module this phrase "due to non-compliance with 5G here" is nonsense.
You should change your source of information

smchay
Rising Star I
Sorry, seems like need to clarify. Officially the ZF9 will not be available in Malaysia owing to failure to pass accreditation. You may do a search at the SIRIM database for official confirmation.
In respect to the ROG 6, it has pass the conformance test and has been been accredited by SIRIM, thus can be officially sold here in Malaysia. Whilst both phones may have the same CPU etc, there are lots of differences ☺️

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62576/zenfone-9-banned-in-malaysia

I heard a little voice last night that the AeroCooler 6 for Rog 5 was in store, harsh reality when I woke up.

ASUS just communicated that the ZF9 would not be distributed in Malaysia (was the ZF6 and ZF7?)

There is a difference with Forbidden

The Rog 6/6 Pro is distributed normally in Malaysia, as it is strictly the same 4-5G RF module this phrase "due to non-compliance with 5G here" is nonsense.

You should change your source of information

View post
Non compliance with a non existing network. BAN ALL PHONES!