dixingo
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 5s
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I need help from Asus representative. I replaced the broken screen of my 5s by myself - local Asus quoted my a very high price for the screen replacement so I bought a phone with dead motherboard and put my motherboard inside. Everything works fine, but I need to calibrate my fingerprint. I bought a fingerprint calibration tool and after few tries managed to calibrate it. The problem is that calibration is gone after restart. I tried with both Android 11 and 12 and it's always the same. Can someone suggest what should be done in order to keep the calibration after a restart? Local Asus repair center refuse to help even for a payment since I changed the screen by myself.
3 REPLIES 3

Mattias_ASUS
The local ASUS Service Center can't help when the warranty has been voided by manipulating the device in ways that are not intended by the user, which is why they couldn't help.
As for the issue itself I have sadly no information regarding it 😕

dixingo
Star II
Do you mean that local Asus Service Center can deny paid repair outside warranty?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.