This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When connecting rog 3 to laptop via Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card, screen gets restricted to 60 Hz

ehunt22
Star III
When connecting rog 3 to laptop via Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card, screen gets restricted to 60 Hz
I am using a i5 3340 with 8 gb of ram laptop
Using 4k60hz usb c to hdmi connector from rog 3 phone to Asus tuf cu4k30 capture card, and the usb c to usb 3 cable provided with the capture card to connect it to my laptop
When starting recording via OBS on my laptop, i immediately see a message on my rog 3 that the screen is limited to 60 Hz
I believe the laptop processor and ram should be capable enough to support higher refresh rate pass through or recording
But it's always restricted to 60hz and i can't even change the video format in OBS if that is causing a problem.
I feel this may be a software based limitation.
Please let me know if there is a way to resolve this issue, to not have the phone limited to 60 Hz

7 REPLIES 7

ehunt22
Star III
keren_ASUS

Hi @ehunt22

Thank you for reaching out.

The Asus tuf cu4k3 actually only ofers passthrough video support of 4K up to 60 Hz. So that may be the issue since you're using a 4k60hz usb c.

View post
It looks like an issue where the Rog 3 is automatically setting itself to RGB colorspace where higher Hz/ fps above 60 Hz is not allowed
If it can allow the option to change the colorspace to YUV, i may be able to get higher fps without the screen limiting to 60hz
Can you or any mod check with the Rog 3 Devs if there is a way to find and remove this colorspace restriction limiter, please

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
think this could be a big deal for many since streaming on a phone is a thing.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.