This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of life requests.

Kardzhilov
Star III
There are a few things that would make this phone 10/10 for me.
My first annoyance is that the "PowerMaster" app keeps flagging my audiobook app (Voice Audiobook Player) as a power drainer if i listen to audiobooks while the screen is locked for example. I would love if the PowerMaster had a whitelist option for apps.
Another thing is that the gyro/screen rotation is slightly to sensitive for my taste, to the point where i would lean to the side for a second and my screen spasms rotating to the size and back again. Screen rotation sensitivity options for that would be great.
One thing i love about android phones is the notification LED, and i am happy to see that the ZenFone 6 has one even though it has a whole screen display. For some reason though it gets used to show if the phone is charging, that means that while the phone is charging it is useless since it is on all the time and not only if there is a notification. I have never seen the point in the charing LED and would love to get the option to disable it.
If i get within range of a wifi network i previously used that has a login process (like a café) that uses a webpage i automatically get sent to the page when possible. This can be quite annoying when i am using the phone for something else and i get pulled out just to dismiss this page as i am not interested in connecting now. Instead it would be nice to just get a notification saying "Sign in to Wi-Fi Network [wifi name]".
The final thing i have noticed in my first week of use is that on my previous phone i had the option to set a system pin code that would be requested before android booted properly, that way if a bad actor tried to access my data it would be harder since the phone had not yet booted. The ZenFone 6 also has a pin but it only gets asked for once the phone is fully booted.
9 REPLIES 9

_jis_
Zen Master III
Kardzhilov

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/22100#Comment_22100

I also have a nexus 5x and the notification led does not turn on when charging. At least not when the phone is on, i think it might have when it is off

View post
I am sorry, you were right, I mistook the Nexus 5X with Xiaomi Mi A1.

survivor303
Rising Star II
Oh that rotation widget is great but not clean android after all.if the cable connection is bad, it isnt very wise to encourage users to use it with helping led.
That browser launch after login to loginpage wifi, isnt very nice and it needed to have option disable it, like from advanced wifi settings 🙂
Asus you can do lots of your own with android, just go wild and serve your customers, not Google.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Oh that rotation widget is great but not clean android after all.
It is not widget, but context navigation button.
It is Android Pie feature by Google, so it is a pure Android feature, not enhancement by Asus.

if the cable connection is bad, it isnt very wise to encourage users to use it with helping led.
It is your personal opinion, but some other users including me will appreciate it.

Kardzhilov
Star III
_jis_

Oh that rotation widget is great but not clean android after all.

It is not widget, but context navigation button.

It is Android Pie feature by Google, so it is a pure Android feature, not enhancement by Asus.

if the cable connection is bad, it isnt very wise to encourage users to use it with helping led.

It is your personal opinion, but some other users including me will appreciate it.

View post
Would still be great to have the option to disable charging led 😉

_jis_
Zen Master III
I agree, there is never enough options in the Setting.