This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 flip??

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I have just seen the spec's for the zenfone 9 Mini but no mention of the 9 flip .
I can't believe that Asus is dumping their flagship phone sooo has anybody come across any news on the zenfone 9 flip?

8 REPLIES 8

Tripura
Star II
Roystoys

I have just seen the spec's for the zenfone 9 Mini but no mention of the 9 flip .

I can't believe that Asus is dumping their flagship phone sooo has anybody come across any news on the zenfone 9 flip?

Zenfone 9 flip??
The reason behind the discontinuation of FLIP Camera from ASUS smartphone 👇
chrome-screenshot-1659106425973.png
You can visit the website by scanning the QR code.
(Translate the page if require)
chrome-qrcode-1659106099274.png

ktw
Rising Star II
TripuraASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/61902/zenfone-9-flip

The reason behind the discontinuation of FLIP Camera from ASUS smartphone 👇

chrome-screenshot-1659106425973.png

You can visit the website by scanning the QR code.

(Translate the page if require)

chrome-qrcode-1659106099274.png

View post
Cool. Interesting read.

Just a quick highlight from this article about the "possibility of reviving the flip camera" question:
ASUS has not commented on the possibility of future models with flip camera modules. If, in the future, there is another high-end tech that can be used (in developing the flip camera), it might be a different story. However, for now, the "revival" of flip camera models is very unlikely.
(I'm just using my understanding of Japanese for the quick translation :p)

This pretty much matches what we've seen/heard/expected so far. ASUS' development on the flip camera tech has most likely reached its current limit. For example, it's hard to fit in a larger sensor/better stabilizer, it's more fragile and vulnerable to damage, the camera module can heat up rather quickly, etc. It's the bottleneck in the flip camera experience, I believe.
Based on the reviews/talks on Zenfone 9 by some Taiwanese reviewers, it also looks like ASUS is trying to limit the number of models it releases each year so that it can (1) move all its limited resources on just a few models and (2) focus on the compact phone market.
Probably not a bad move considering the small size of ASUS' phone dev department 😓. I'm just a little sad that they ditched the full-screen experience completely :')

Roystoys
Zen Master III
ktw

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220867#Comment_220867

Cool. Interesting read.

Just a quick highlight from this article about the "possibility of reviving the flip camera" question:

ASUS has not commented on the possibility of future models with flip camera modules. If, in the future, there is another high-end tech that can be used (in developing the flip camera), it might be a different story. However, for now, the "revival" of flip camera models is very unlikely.

(I'm just using my understanding of Japanese for the quick translation :p)

This pretty much matches what we've seen/heard/expected so far. ASUS' development on the flip camera tech has most likely reached its current limit. For example, it's hard to fit in a larger sensor/better stabilizer, it's more fragile and vulnerable to damage, the camera module can heat up rather quickly, etc. It's the bottleneck in the flip camera experience, I believe.

Based on the reviews/talks on Zenfone 9 by some Taiwanese reviewers, it also looks like ASUS is trying to limit the number of models it releases each year so that it can (1) move all its limited resources on just a few models and (2) focus on the compact phone market.

Probably not a bad move considering the small size of ASUS' phone dev department 😓. I'm just a little sad that they ditched the full-screen experience completely :')

View post
That makes two of us and sadly my goodbye to Asus phones

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.