This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3.5 Audio jack causing phone to cut out on calls

andr72
Star II
I have a Zenfone 8 and have the latest firmware 31.1010.0411.89. However recently when on a call the phone will drop out and restart. Calls don't drop out on a bluetooth headset. I've looked through previous threads and seen no solution to this ongoing issue with the phone.
The phone is perfect in every other way, and part of the reason for getting the phone was because of the 3.5 audio jack.
Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

Mattias_ASUS
@andr72 @clarkhymes
I got some info from R&D and this might be a hardware related issue, their advice is to reach out for your closest ASUS Service Center so they can take a look at it.
If they have any questions please tell them to contact me.

Choose your language | Official Support | ASUS Global

tpaoletta
Star I
@Mattias_ASUS Are you sure this is a hardware issue? I have been using my phone for several months with no problems until this audio jack restart issue began recently. I am also using the latest firmware 31.1010.0411.89. It really is very inconvenient as I make a lot of work calls using the audio jack.
My nearest service center (using the link you provided) is more than 1000km away so it is not convenient to get it manually inspected.
Appreciate your help

Mattias_ASUS
tpaoletta

@Mattias_ASUS Are you sure this is a hardware issue? I have been using my phone for several months with no problems until this audio jack restart issue began recently. I am also using the latest firmware 31.1010.0411.89. It really is very inconvenient as I make a lot of work calls using the audio jack.

My nearest service center (using the link you provided) is more than 1000km away so it is not convenient to get it manually inspected.

Appreciate your help

View post
That's the information I got from R&D at least, I'm going to summon @Karen_ASUS to see if she has any good ideas 🙂

R_2
Rising Star II
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220585#Comment_220585

That's the information I got from R&D at least, I'm going to summon @Karen_ASUS to see if she has any good ideas 🙂

View post
You said this in a discussion with the same topic: "This is an issue we are aware of and our team is working on a fix, please make sure to keep your phone updated."
Why is it like this now?

Mattias_ASUS
R.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220658#Comment_220658

You said this in a discussion with the same topic: "This is an issue we are aware of and our team is working on a fix, please make sure to keep your phone updated."

Why is it like this now?

View post
They were working on it and after testing it turned out the issue might not be software related after all.
It is not I who decides what goes weird or not, I just give you the info regarding the issue, I am not a technician.