This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C-Media Control Panel make Ctrl + Shift + N in browser not working.

Ravi_VIE
Star II
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: Both
Model: FA507; FA707; FX507; FX707; FX517
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video: Below
========================
Detailed description: When I use Browser like Edge, Chrome, Opera, i press Ctrl + Shift + N to open private Tab, but browser doesn't show up. When Open C-Media Control Panel (CMCP) and press Ctrl + Shift + N, version of CMCP show up. This preventing shortcut key in other apps.

When I end task CMCP, this problem is gone.
image.png
When i press Ctrl + Shift + N, Version of CMCP show/hide like this image.
image.png

9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
Ravi_GEARVN
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: FA507; FA707; FX507; FX707; FX517
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video: Below

========================

Detailed description: When I use Browser like Edge, Chrome, Opera, i press Ctrl + Shift + N to open private Tab, but browser doesn't show up. When Open C-Media Control Panel (CMCP) and press Ctrl + Shift + N, version of CMCP show up. This preventing shortcut key in other apps.

When I end task CMCP, this problem is gone.

image.png

When i press Ctrl + Shift + N, Version of CMCP show/hide like this image.

image.png

C-Media Control Panel make Ctrl + Shift + N in browser not working.
@Ravi_GEARVN
What is the model of the laptop you are using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS Global

Ravi_VIE
Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62373/c-media-control-panel-make-ctrl-shift-n-in-browser-not-...

@Ravi_GEARVN

What is the model of the laptop you are using?

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1030673/

View post
Model name: FX517ZC - FX517ZE - FX517ZM - FX517ZR
This problem happens in both TUF Gaming 2022 15" Intel Version (FX507ZC/ZE/ZM/ZR) and AMD Version (FA507RC/RE/RM/RR) and 17". This is software problem (C-Media Control Panel and affects all other applications).
Video about this issues: youtu. be/mZDLc5KgQ60

Falcon_ASUS
Ravi_GEARVN

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220771#Comment_220771

Model name: FX517ZC - FX517ZE - FX517ZM - FX517ZR

This problem happens in both TUF Gaming 2022 15" Intel Version (FX507ZC/ZE/ZM/ZR) and AMD Version (FA507RC/RE/RM/RR) and 17". This is software problem (C-Media Control Panel and affects all other applications).

Video about this issues: youtu. be/mZDLc5KgQ60

View post
@Ravi_GEARVN
I will forward the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.
** I just tried to watch the video, but the video seems to have an error and cannot be played, can you please provide it to me again?

Anand_F507RM
Star I
I am also facing this issue while the C-Media Control Panel is running in the background. As of now the only way to temporarily fix this is by ending this task in Task Manager. Even when it is disabled in the startup app it will later on resume it's process and hinder with the keyboard shortcut.
I use Asus Tuf A15 (2022) model no : F507RM.
Similar issues has been reported in reddit also:
I also found this application to be faulty sometimes. It makes my earphone create a hiss sound, not sure why though.