Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few Downgrade I have noticed

Slnn3R
Rising Star I
ROG Phone 5 Audio Spec:
Speaker
1. Symmetrical dual front-facing speakers with Dirac HD Sound
2. "7-magnet stereo speaker" with Cirrus Logic amplifier for louder, deeper and less distorted sound effect
Audio Output
1. Hi-Res Audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit for 3.5mm output
2. "High-end ESS DAC 9280AC Pro for lossless sound output"
3. AudioWizard with multiple listening profiles
Microphone
1. "Quad microphones" with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology

ROG Phone 6 Audio Spec:
Speaker
1. Symmetrical dual front-facing speakers with Dirac HD Sound
2. "5-magnet stereo speaker" with Cirrus Logic amplifier for louder, deeper and less distorted sound effect
Audio Output
1. Hi-Res Audio up to 384 kHz / 32-bit for 3.5mm output
2. "Qualcomm WCD9385 for Hi-Res output"
3. AudioWizard with multiple listening profiles
Microphone
1. "Tri-microphones" with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology

From "7-magnet stereo speaker" downgrade to "5-magnet stereo speaker"
From "High-end ESS DAC 9280AC Pro for lossless sound output" downgrade to "Qualcomm WCD9385 for Hi-Res output"
From "Quad microphones" downgrade to "Tri-microphones"

Does this mean, ROG Phone 5 have superior audio quality and mic quality compare to ROG Phone 6?😅

11 REPLIES 11

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
FunBike31

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/220192#Comment_220192

Troubleshooting French translated into English is not great, sorry, occasionally, rarely would be more appropriate

My wife is a singer/musician in a band, I mainly use dedicated professional photo, audio and video equipment, but it happens (rare, 3 times in 12 months) at friends' or in a bar that she is asked to sing, it was not planned of course and I use the ROG 5 in this case, before with other smartphones, the audio was invaded by ambient noise, with the Rog 5 it is not great of course but the difference is that we keep the video as a souvenir instead of deleting it. There you go, I hope that's clearer.

View post
I still don't quite understand what does that have to do with microphone quality. They removed the microphone at the camera, which makes a lot of sense. The Rog phones always had issues when it came to make video because when you only had a little wind it would ruin front audio. The side microphones are more protected. What you also disregard is how the microphones are positioned, I doubt youll see a decrease in audio quality. I wouldnt be surprised if most of the people would consider the rog6 an upgrade, rather than downgrade.

FunBike31
Community Legend I
I specify well "with friends or in a bar" I've never seen wind indoors lol, and in a bar where the other microphones pick up conversations from the sides and back, the microphone located next to the camera is more directive and picks up singer and music with less background noise.
Afterwards, it remains very anecdotal and it is not a purchase criterion

waxy78611
Zen Master I
I just wrote a full review of the Rog 6 and it was deleted?

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
waxy78611

I just wrote a full review of the Rog 6 and it was deleted?

View post
Because most of rog 5 users wont upgrade their phone after read your review 😂

If you like to watch anime then you shouldn't miss downloading nekopoi apk in your phone