This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Windows 10 on ASUS X555L Laptop using MBR not GPT ?

ramses505
Star I
I would like to install Windows 10 (which I already have a USB installer for) onto an ASUS X555L laptop - at the moment when I get to the choose a partition to install to, it rejects the partition because it is an MBR partition - I do want to keep the MBR partitioning system and would like to install to it. I think I need to set the BIOS options correctly and have tried a few things including disabling 'Secrue Boot' and enabling CSM, bit so far it come up with the same message that I cannot install to that partition as it is MBR.
Some help would be much appreciated. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

ramses505

I would like to install Windows 10 (which I already have a USB installer for) onto an ASUS X555L laptop - at the moment when I get to the choose a partition to install to, it rejects the partition because it is an MBR partition - I do want to keep the MBR partitioning system and would like to install to it. I think I need to set the BIOS options correctly and have tried a few things including disabling 'Secrue Boot' and enabling CSM, bit so far it come up with the same message that I cannot install to that partition as it is MBR.

Some help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Install Windows 10 on ASUS X555L Laptop using MBR not GPT ?
@ramses505
Please refer to the following FAQ.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] How to boot the system from USB flash drive/CD-ROM | Official Support | ASUS ...If you are still unable to successfully install the system,  I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ramses505
Star I
Thanks for taking the time to read and for the info. But, it would be helpful, if you know, to tell me - can I install this laptop using MBR or not ? Can this laptop only be installed using GPT ?
I have reinstalled many PC's in tmy time but have not run into this problem before.
Any further info much appreciated. Thanks

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.