Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Maximum IX Apex
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Original Configuration - Boot from SSD plugged into SATA
Desired Configuration - Dual NVMe in RAID0 configured directly from MaximusIX Bios configuration to become the new boot drive.
PROBLEM: After reconfiguring BIOS to Intel Optane and enabling NVMe Slot 1/2 as active, disabling CSM Compatibility, which is required to RAID0 both NVME slots, it disables access to the original SATA to boot, so i can initiate a drive clone from my current boot partition to the new NVMe RAID. Disabling Intel Optane to gain access to SATA drive for boot access, removes access to the RAID0.

How do i keep RAID0 accessible as a accessible drive WHILE being able to boot from the SATA SSD, so i can clone over my hard drive

SIDENOTE: In the back and forth, the original SSD, though no data has been lost, it is no longer bootable. DISM Repair is required to reassign it as a bootdrive so i can boot and do a drive clone.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
SurrealxSurvivor
  1. System: Windows 10 | Maximum IX Apex | Intel i7-7700
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: Maximum IX Apex
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Original Configuration - Boot from SSD plugged into SATA

Desired Configuration - Dual NVMe in RAID0 configured directly from MaximusIX Bios configuration to become the new boot drive.

PROBLEM: After reconfiguring BIOS to Intel Optane and enabling NVMe Slot 1/2 as active, disabling CSM Compatibility, which is required to RAID0 both NVME slots, it disables access to the original SATA to boot, so i can initiate a drive clone from my current boot partition to the new NVMe RAID. Disabling Intel Optane to gain access to SATA drive for boot access, removes access to the RAID0.

How do i keep RAID0 accessible as a accessible drive WHILE being able to boot from the SATA SSD, so i can clone over my hard drive

SIDENOTE: In the back and forth, the original SSD, though no data has been lost, it is no longer bootable. DISM Repair is required to reassign it as a bootdrive so i can boot and do a drive clone.

Converting SSD to NVME RAID - Maximus APEX doesn't allow for data clone
@SurrealxSurvivor
Here we mainly discuss the issues/questions related to ASUS laptop.
For your Motherboard questions, I suggest you can ask questions here.
Hardware & Software Support​Thank you.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.