jasdeepgrover
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 5
Firmware Version: 31.0810.1226.91
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Regular
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Air triggers stop working. When I turn my phone off and then start it again they start to work, but right after few seconds or a minute they stop working again. I noticed this when i was playing PUBG Mobile/BGMI in India. Is this a know problem? Is there a fix?
Also noticed that if i open Game Genie to check if the triggers are active for the game or not it tends to become unresponsive. I highly doubt that this is because of Game Genie. Tried clearing its cache, but that didn't work.
Another thing, if i restart by choosing 'Restart' from power long press option the air triggers still won't work. So i have to choose power off and then start it again by button press.
Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

FunBike31
Community Legend I
screenshot-20220724-120546654.jpg
Ouch, failure in safe mode is a bad sign and unfortunately there is no test in the boot prom to really test the hardware, a bug caused by Android 12 corruption during the update is still a possible cause.
You can try to reset with Android firmware 12 to 11
The 2 vibrations must be an indicator of the type of failure, ASUS engineers should be able to answer, at worst make you activate a log to analyze it.
Wait until Monday and relaunch the moderators.

jasdeepgrover
Star II
This is a little frustrating, its just been a year + 1 month since i bought the phone and this the 2nd time seeing a major fail with the phone.
Thanks for all your help troubleshooting @FunBike31. I think i'll just take it to Asus Service centre and let them try and solve this before i look into downgrading to Android 11.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi jasdeepgrover,
If you are getting fail status in SMMI test, I would suggest you to visit the service center.

jasdeepgrover
Star II
Hi Guys, @FunBike31 @ARP_ASUS ,
Update: Went to the service center. They changed the air triggers, and were working fine now. When i came back and installed all the apps that i use along with the games, the triggers failed again on starting BGMI app so i uninstalled it altogether thinking that this is an app issue. Now after 2 days the air triggers have stopped working altogether. The trigger test is also coming out as Fail again even after physical trigger replacement.
Should i try downgrading to Android 11 or simply take it back to Service Center and let them figure it out?
Also, i still couldn't find anyone else facing this issue online, or with a solution otherwise.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.