This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Android 11 perform better than Android 12?

ludecan
Star I
I see quite a few posts mentioning bad performance on Android 12. I'm on Android 12 and performance is dismal. I've finished a playthrough of God of War with a constant 60 fps and now I get 30-50.
Does anybody know if android 11 performance is better?
22 REPLIES 22

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ReaperZ_Wolf

screenshot-20220719-103856825.jpg

How do you stop the download of Android 12. Even if you turn off the automatic download and install, the system update downloads overnight and then asks for a restart. Any idea to stop is forever? These moderator dont help at all.

View post
When you downgraded to Android 11 there is a reset, so, system update is reset to default, once it has rebooted, it detects the new A12 firmware, setting the system update to unauthorized at this time is too late . this will only be effective for the next updates (>.91)
You must Configure the system update to Disallow (which is normally ON only on Wifi) before rebooting, the easiest way is to reboot the first time in airplane mode, go to the settings to configure disallow, remove airplane mode and finally reboot.
This only works if ASUS doesn't force the update to mandatory because there is a switch to push the firmware regardless of the device configuration, but currently that doesn't seem to be the case, many users including myself are still in 11, there is just a message in the notifications that there is an existing update after a reboot with wifi on but it does not interfere and does not come back constantly

ludecan
Star I
emre5736yyri

Yes it absolutely does

View post
Hey man, coming here to say thank you. It really does perform much better.

I'm, sharing this in all Android 12 performance-related threads I find in case it helps anybody else.
Android 12 performs a lot worse than Android 11 in high-demanding games such as AetherSX2 or Dolphin.
Led by some users here in the Zentalk forums, I downgraded from Android 12 (Version WW-31.0810.1226.91) to Android 11 with the 2022/07/13 firmware (target Image Version: WW-18.0840.2202.231) and using my custom tuning, the cooler attached, and x-mode+ enabled, God of War 2 finally manages to stay at a constant 60 fps.
There's a clearly marked difference in the thermal limit between A12 and A11. In A11 the CPU gets to 50ªC and in A12 it never got past 45ªC.
While doing so A11 does use both the high-performance prime and big cores and manages to keep them at higher frequencies for longer.
Without the cooler I get dips to 50-55fps (much better than the 40s I was getting in A12) and with the cooler fps is pretty much constant 60 and temps stay at ~32ªC in my current weather of about ~10ªC.
Leaving this here for others that may come upon this. Feels like a shame that this much effort should be put on the user to get max performance out of your device. Happily available to provide more information to help fix this issue.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ludecan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219062#Comment_219062

Hey man, coming here to say thank you. It really does perform much better.

I'm, sharing this in all Android 12 performance-related threads I find in case it helps anybody else.

Android 12 performs a lot worse than Android 11 in high-demanding games such as AetherSX2 or Dolphin.

Led by some users here in the Zentalk forums, I downgraded from Android 12 (Version WW-31.0810.1226.91) to Android 11 with the 2022/07/13 firmware (target Image Version: WW-18.0840.2202.231) and using my custom tuning, the cooler attached, and x-mode+ enabled, God of War 2 finally manages to stay at a constant 60 fps.

There's a clearly marked difference in the thermal limit between A12 and A11. In A11 the CPU gets to 50ªC and in A12 it never got past 45ªC.

While doing so A11 does use both the high-performance prime and big cores and manages to keep them at higher frequencies for longer.

Without the cooler I get dips to 50-55fps (much better than the 40s I was getting in A12) and with the cooler fps is pretty much constant 60 and temps stay at ~32ªC in my current weather of about ~10ªC.

Leaving this here for others that may come upon this. Feels like a shame that this much effort should be put on the user to get max performance out of your device. Happily available to provide more information to help fix this issue.

View post
ASUS has done that to prevent Rog 5 phones from dying. The failure rate is direcly tied to the very dumb cooling that basicially heats up the entire phone to the point where components that cannot sustain as much heat get damaged and eventually fail.
You will only cause people to kill their phones with your poor advice.

ludecan
Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219976#Comment_219976

ASUS has done that to prevent Rog 5 phones from dying. The failure rate is direcly tied to the very dumb cooling that basicially heats up the entire phone to the point where components that cannot sustain as much heat get damaged and eventually fail.

You will only cause people to kill their phones with your poor advice.

View post
In any case, it's not me causing people to kill their phones. It's ASUS and their poor thermal solutions, marketed as high performance gaming phones.
I didn't pay a thousand bucks for a phone that looses against a regular 500 buck Xiaomi Mi11x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBC4RQqIul8&

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ludecan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219981#Comment_219981

In any case, it's not me causing people to kill their phones. It's ASUS and their poor thermal solutions, marketed as high performance gaming phones.

I didn't pay a thousand bucks for a phone that looses against a regular 500 buck Xiaomi Mi11x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBC4RQqIul8&;

View post
Well, seems you prefer a dead brick over something worse than the mi11x then.