edddd
Rising Star I
who needed this phone?
20 REPLIES 20

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
edddd

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219770#Comment_219770

Why do you assume that what I get from a ZF is in no way representative of what the manufacturer does with its other phones? The software is not good. That is the message I am receiving both from your posts and my ZF. Those are facts by which I have to work, not ramblings.

Now to the next facts, of which you have absolutely none in terms of what I know or don't, so spare yourself the comparisons.

In terms of dynamic range, scaled 64MP to 16MP is sort of post processing, but a native 12MP has none to speak of. Here I can assume it is worse because there is theoretically less data. Maybe the lenses are great after all, I don't know, but at this tiny scale i doubt they are. After that come the focus issues, which, for example, got a bit downgraded between ZF 6 and 7 (there is no longer focus past infinity as far as I can see). Now I digress, but to put out so many phones without support, they have to share things between them.

The point is still, who needs this phone? It is barely represented and too overpriced.

I can go on and on because salt.

View post
You're literally saying, that a new piece of hardware must be bad because somewhere an older piece of hardware had issues. That is so dumb I don't even know why I have to explain this to you.
Also software isnt bad on the snapdragon for insiders, nobody said that, I said software support is bad. Mainly what I'm complaining about is the lack of security updates. As far as I'm aware the phone is pretty much bug free. If you want bad software, try oneplus. 7T users in partucular will gladly write you an essay on why you should never want software updates after initial release.
As for camera part...
Good lord, the ignorance you display is frightning.
First of all, there is no scaling whatsoever. The Camera lens itself has a feature that allows it to bin the pixels in order to get more information in lower light. This has nothing to do with processing at all, if all you did was scale an image down to 16MP youd have the same bad performance in low light. What you demonstrate here is absolute lack of understanding how the cameras and software on phones even remotely work. The fact you somehow think the dynamic range has anything to do with resolution is just ridiclous. You don't even understand how HDR works at this point, because if you did you'd know that resolution has nothing do do with dynamic range. The fact you admit you don't know, yet you still argue with someone who obviously knows wtf he's talking about makes this even more comical.
I already explained to you who this phone was for. If you can't accept reality because you somehow think your zenfone is the same as the insiders then you're behond help.

edddd
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219780#Comment_219780

You're literally saying, that a new piece of hardware must be bad because somewhere an older piece of hardware had issues. That is so dumb I don't even know why I have to explain this to you.

Also software isnt bad on the snapdragon for insiders, nobody said that, I said software support is bad. Mainly what I'm complaining about is the lack of security updates. As far as I'm aware the phone is pretty much bug free. If you want bad software, try oneplus. 7T users in partucular will gladly write you an essay on why you should never want software updates after initial release.

As for camera part...

Good lord, the ignorance you display is frightning.

First of all, there is no scaling whatsoever. The Camera lens itself has a feature that allows it to bin the pixels in order to get more information in lower light. This has nothing to do with processing at all, if all you did was scale an image down to 16MP youd have the same bad performance in low light. What you demonstrate here is absolute lack of understanding how the cameras and software on phones even remotely work. The fact you somehow think the dynamic range has anything to do with resolution is just ridiclous. You don't even understand how HDR works at this point, because if you did you'd know that resolution has nothing do do with dynamic range. The fact you admit you don't know, yet you still argue with someone who obviously knows wtf he's talking about makes this even more comical.

I already explained to you who this phone was for. If you can't accept reality because you somehow think your zenfone is the same as the insiders then you're behond help.

View post
So let me recap this based on your own comments: you don't own it and the other guy also doesn't. So here you go. The answer is, nobody needed it. It is hard to swallow, I know.
In terms of camera performance, bravo on assuming and calling me out about how clueless I am, because, obviously, you must be the greatest tech genius in the Universe because you know how to post on a forum.
Based on how ASUS handled support so far, goooood luck with buying any new device from them. You are as good served as by the next Chinesium brick. As it usually is, habits die hard, so it is naive to think they will suddenly change with the next device. I still leave a door open for some doubt here, but releasing thousand dollar devices each year, expecting to sell them, is naive on their side as well.
So, quick recap for lizard brains: nobody has it, so nobody needs it.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219701#Comment_219701

Its kinda hard, I really like it from a hardware and initial release aspect. Its a no compromise phone in terms of that, what really makes it hard to recommend is the software support. Its REALLY MEH. Due to its very low sales because of the price, qualcomm and ASUS don't really care to put ressources to updates really. The phones only weakness is sadly a very big one.

For now I'd wait and see what the Zf9 is going to be like (event in 7 days). I think ASUS's main focus this time around was the zf9, seeing how the Rog6 turned out to be a rog5 again.

View post
Yeah but I am an old man with shit eyesight ( don't worry you will get the same when you hit 60 something) so unless Asus comes up with a zenfone 9 flip I have to look elsewhere. I am actually thinking of going back to the OnePlus range. You were right on the money with that one. The phone itself in your hands feels great,hard to explain you really need to hold One to appreciate it, just a pity that OnePlus were having a software nightmare when I bought one . Decisions decisions. I am going to wait to see if Asus comes up with a 9 flip, and I think that they will, and decide then.
Thanks for your help I appreciate a word from people in the know

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
edddd

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219783#Comment_219783

So let me recap this based on your own comments: you don't own it and the other guy also doesn't. So here you go. The answer is, nobody needed it. It is hard to swallow, I know.

In terms of camera performance, bravo on assuming and calling me out about how clueless I am, because, obviously, you must be the greatest tech genius in the Universe because you know how to post on a forum.

Based on how ASUS handled support so far, goooood luck with buying any new device from them. You are as good served as by the next Chinesium brick. As it usually is, habits die hard, so it is naive to think they will suddenly change with the next device. I still leave a door open for some doubt here, but releasing thousand dollar devices each year, expecting to sell them, is naive on their side as well.

So, quick recap for lizard brains: nobody has it, so nobody needs it.

View post
I know someone who does so I'm familiar with the device. Nice try tho.
Not assuming, knowing. You have demonstrated on multiple occasions that you're absolutely clueless and don't have a shred of a clue how cameras work.
Support is fine, I have the Rog3 as my daily driver which is the only gaming phone from that generation that runs A12. The Rog3 is generally quite bug free, currently there is only 1 bug which broke VoLTE support, comparing that to the Oneplus 7T A11 update, the Rog3 is excellent.
Also its not naive from their side, they clearly sell, otherwise they wouldnt make it, it's a business after all. If you're naive enough to think they don't sell, then you're more clueless than you let on.
Also recap for lizard brains: techncially you only "need" a 50 - 200USD phone. So don't even go there.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219762#Comment_219762

Yeah but I am an old man with shit eyesight ( don't worry you will get the same when you hit 60 something) so unless Asus comes up with a zenfone 9 flip I have to look elsewhere. I am actually thinking of going back to the OnePlus range. You were right on the money with that one. The phone itself in your hands feels great,hard to explain you really need to hold One to appreciate it, just a pity that OnePlus were having a software nightmare when I bought one . Decisions decisions. I am going to wait to see if Asus comes up with a 9 flip, and I think that they will, and decide then.

Thanks for your help I appreciate a word from people in the know

View post
My mom has poor eyesight due to her diabetes and uses a small phone (xperia XZ1 compact), setting the fontsize on large was enough for her. But I do get the appeal of a larger screen despite that.
I would wait for flip for now, if it isnt good enough let me know, I can look for something more up your alley with good software support and something that fulfills your needs.