This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Cast issue after Android 12 update

zan4182
Star II
My ZenFone 8 can no longer screen cast to my TVs after Android 12 update. The TVs are not detected in the list to connect/cast. This wasn't an issue before Android 12 update. My TVs are not Android or Google TV but they do support screen cast/mirroring. I notice that other android devices (Xiaomi and Realme TV Stick) can be detected. Can someone help to verify that Android 12 no longer support screen cast on older devices?
12 REPLIES 12

You might be able to delete existing devices on TV and try again from scratch

Roystoys
Zen Master III
zan4182

My ZenFone 8 can no longer screen cast to my TVs after Android 12 update. The TVs are not detected in the list to connect/cast. This wasn't an issue before Android 12 update. My TVs are not Android or Google TV but they do support screen cast/mirroring. I notice that other android devices (Xiaomi and Realme TV Stick) can be detected. Can someone help to verify that Android 12 no longer support screen cast on older devices?

Screen Cast issue after Android 12 update
I don't have a zenfone 8 ( I have a 7) but I read in this forum after the last update that people were having trouble with Miracast. The Mod,s did pick it up so I am surprised that it hasn't been fixed yet

fededido94
Star II
Is known problem.
Unfortunately one month passed and no resolution.

zan4182
Star II
Sad to hear that it's been a while for ASUS to fix this basic feature 😔.