cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting gmail notifications

belegdol
Star III
Hello,
I have stopped getting gmail notifications a few weeks back. Unless I open the gmail app, I am getting no indication that an email was received. I tried wiping gmail data but it did not help. The only way I can get a notification to appear is to either leave the phone on my nightstand overnight, or to untick and tick the "sync gmail" checkbox in the gmail app.
Gmail app settings seem fine as I have compared them with ones on my Nexus 9 running LineageOS 15.1 and my Galaxy S5 running LineageOS 18.1. Both of these get the notifications as expected.
Gmail app does not show background management settings in the app settings so I am guessing it is following a hardcoded option.
How can I fix this? gmail notifications are quite important to me. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

belegdol
Star III
The system version is 31.1010.0411.89.

Mattias_ASUS
Hello!
I suggest checking the following settings
1. Setting>Battery>Auto-start manager>allow Gmail auto-start
2. Long press Gmail app> app info>battery>select “unrestricted”
3. Long press Gmail app> app info>mobile data & WIFI>turn on background data
Let me know if this helps you 😄

belegdol
Star III
Hello, thanks for responding. Gmail autostart and background data were already enabled. I switched battery settings to unrestricted but it did not help.
It looks like opening the gmail app is not enough to refresh the emails, I have to actively pull down the email list to force an update.

D_IMAN
Rising Star II
belegdol

Hello, thanks for responding. Gmail autostart and background data were already enabled. I switched battery settings to unrestricted but it did not help.

It looks like opening the gmail app is not enough to refresh the emails, I have to actively pull down the email list to force an update.

View post
D_IMAN

In mail clients Gmail, Mail.ru, Yandex mail, Spark. The number of letters on the icons of these applications is not displayed!

Firmware - ZenFone 8_WW/EU/RU_31.1010.0411.89

App versions are up to date!

Number of letters - Not displayed.
I have similar problems!