This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality of outgoing calls (voLTE, voWiFi) on ZENFONE 8; cutting words, robotic sound

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Hi,
when I call via voLTE or voWiFi and someone picks up, the call sounds good, but after a while it starts to sound very bad. When I answer (even one word), it's ok again (listening to the interlocutor) for a while, and then the same... I barely can understand words.
Other users with ZF8 has same issues.
voLTE and voWiFi - the same issue. The signal is full... T-Mobile PL, and WiFi 600Mb/s.
I'm on latest release *.89
80 REPLIES 80

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Mattias_ASUS

Sorry for the late reply, the team is working on it and we might eventually need some logs, but I'm waiting for more information to give you soon and will update as soon as I get more info.

View post
Sorry to ask. What does it mean that you are working on it? Are you testing smth or talking about it or what? I'm not intending to sound rude but im loosing temper. It realy makes my ZF8 unusable in my live/work conditions. I'm thinking of getting rid of it. But the phone is so small... But i freaking hate it wth its disability to talk via data (outgoing calls) and this echo on listeners side... You are presenting ZF9 in a week but ZF8 is unable to makes its main role as a phone - comunicating verbally... I've moved beetween all of avialable networks in my country. In one of them 5G is not working (ZF8 does not suppert this specific 5G band - PLUS GSM) another two does not support voLTE at all (you've made it work for a while and then disabled after a few weeks ORANGE PL) so I've moved again to TMOBILE.PL and now this happens... 🤮

Mattias_ASUS
arielsajda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218560#Comment_218560

Sorry to ask. What does it mean that you are working on it? Are you testing smth or talking about it or what? I'm not intending to sound rude but im loosing temper. It realy makes my ZF8 unusable in my live/work conditions. I'm thinking of getting rid of it. But the phone is so small... But i freaking hate it wth its disability to talk via data (outgoing calls) and this echo on listeners side... You are presenting ZF9 in a week but ZF8 is unable to makes its main role as a phone - comunicating verbally... I've moved beetween all of avialable networks in my country. In one of them 5G is not working (ZF8 does not suppert this specific 5G band - PLUS GSM) another two does not support voLTE at all (you've made it work for a while and then disabled after a few weeks ORANGE PL) so I've moved again to TMOBILE.PL and now this happens... 🤮

View post
Hello, it's completely understandable you feel frustrated and I will do my best to help solving the issue, sometimes it's just not that simple and it takes the R&D team some time to figure out the issue, today I got a reply asking for some logs and I would need some help from all of you in the thread.
For this we will need to create a log for the issue in the phones where the issue is active for the team to pinpoint the issue.
Please start the calculator app and press .19595+= to start the Log Tool,
Select Sound, call audio and recording,
Then make a voice call and enable call recording
After the issue happens, you can take a screenshot to record the current time.
If it happens often (Ex: 5min it happens twice) Please wait until the issue happens a second time then end the call, and provide a call log that shows the issue happening both times.
After that, you can end the call, capture the log, and provide the log together with a Screenshot and voice recording file to us by PM.
Remember to close the Log Tool by pressing .09595+= on the calculator app again.
The more logs the team gets the better, you can upload the logs to Google Drive and then just send me the link so I can forward it to the R&D team.

arielsajda
Rising Star II

Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219434#Comment_219434

Hello, it's completely understandable you feel frustrated and I will do my best to help solving the issue, sometimes it's just not that simple and it takes the R&D team some time to figure out the issue, today I got a reply asking for some logs and I would need some help from all of you in the thread.

For this we will need to create a log for the issue in the phones where the issue is active for the team to pinpoint the issue.

Please start the calculator app and press .19595+= to start the Log Tool,

Select Sound, call audio and recording,

Then make a voice call and enable call recording

After the issue happens, you can take a screenshot to record the current time.

If it happens often (Ex: 5min it happens twice) Please wait until the issue happens a second time then end the call, and provide a call log that shows the issue happening both times.

After that, you can end the call, capture the log, and provide the log together with a Screenshot and voice recording file to us by PM.

Remember to close the Log Tool by pressing .09595+= on the calculator app again.

The more logs the team gets the better, you can upload the logs to Google Drive and then just send me the link so I can forward it to the R&D team.

View post
I've sent You a private message with attached files as you adviced 😎

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
arielsajda

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/218560#Comment_218560

View post
Tak z ciekawości, działa ci 5G w TMobile? Bo w Heyah co prawda nie ma w ogóle 5G, ale jestem ciekawy czy ogólnie w odpowiedniej taryfie może działać.

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Cyslawo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219434#Comment_219434

Tak z ciekawości, działa ci 5G w TMobile? Bo w Heyah co prawda nie ma w ogóle 5G, ale jestem ciekawy czy ogólnie w odpowiedniej taryfie może działać.

View post
Działa, w T-Mobile.pl prędkości nie są zawrotne tak jak w Plusie ale działa i zasiegu jest dużo. Ja korzystam z oferty na kartę za 39pln/miesiąc - to sie nazywa Bez limitu XL.