Star I
System: x64-based PC
Battery or AC: NA
Model: Zenbook UX481FL
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Windows 10
BIOS Mode: UEFI
========================
I tried to find a solution to solve a USB-C to DisplayPort connection, but found none.
I want to connect this PC to a monitor via DisplayPort, to have max. resolution possible on that monitor, but with the USB-C to DisplayPort is not possible, has the PC gives me an USB error and the monitor is not recognized. HDMI connection is viable but not wanted, as it doesn't give me max. resolution on the screen.
So basically:
HDMI -> HDMI: ok, but lower resolution; not wanted
USB-C -> DisplayPort: doesn't recognized; can't this PC enable the AltMode function? because this cable worked easily with another computer: cable USB-C 3.1 male/DIsplayport male 4k/60Hz Prok
USB-A -> DisplayPort: Is this viable or do the USB-A ports have the same limitation??
HDMI -> DisplayPort: I will have same lower resolution as the HDMI->HDMI, correct ??
Thank you for your attention!
4 REPLIES 4

Falcon_ASUS
Jcosta
  1. System: x64-based PC
  2. Battery or AC: NA
  3. Model: Zenbook UX481FL
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS: Windows 10
  6. BIOS Mode: UEFI

========================

I tried to find a solution to solve a USB-C to DisplayPort connection, but found none.

I want to connect this PC to a monitor via DisplayPort, to have max. resolution possible on that monitor, but with the USB-C to DisplayPort is not possible, has the PC gives me an USB error and the monitor is not recognized. HDMI connection is viable but not wanted, as it doesn't give me max. resolution on the screen.

So basically:

1. HDMI -> HDMI: ok, but lower resolution; not wanted
  2. USB-C -> DisplayPort: doesn't recognized; can't this PC enable the AltMode function? because this cable worked easily with another computer: cable USB-C 3.1 male/DIsplayport male 4k/60Hz Prok
  3. USB-A -> DisplayPort: Is this viable or do the USB-A ports have the same limitation??
  4. HDMI -> DisplayPort: I will have same lower resolution as the HDMI->HDMI, correct ??

Thank you for your attention!

Asus Zenbook UX481FL - DisplayPort
@Jcosta
Unfortunately, the USB TYPE-C of UX481FL does not support display.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Jcosta
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62143/asus-zenbook-ux481fl-displayport

@Jcosta

Unfortunately, the USB TYPE-C of UX481FL does not support display.

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
@Falcon_ASUS, yes I have noticed that. But what about the USB-A to DisplayPort, or HDMI to DisplayPort. Will any of those support resolution of 5120x1440p??
Thank you.

Jcosta
Star I
Or can I use a USB-A->USB-C->DisplayPort? Anything????

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.