System: Windows 10 64 bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX425EA
Frequency of occurrence: very frequently
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have a lot of problems with WIFI connection. Last week I updated the WIFI Driver and continued having the same issue. I bought an external WIFI (TP-Link) device connected through USB and it happens the same.
The curious thing is that I have a second laptop (work laptop Lenovo T470) that works perfectly well using the standard WIFI driver from the computer.
Can you please assess me on what might be happening and what I need to do to make the WIFI work properly?
Kind regards
Joan Navarro
13 REPLIES 13

Falcon_ASUS
jnavarro
  1. System: Windows 10 64 bit
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: UX425EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence: very frequently
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I have a lot of problems with WIFI connection. Last week I updated the WIFI Driver and continued having the same issue. I bought an external WIFI (TP-Link) device connected through USB and it happens the same.

The curious thing is that I have a second laptop (work laptop Lenovo T470) that works perfectly well using the standard WIFI driver from the computer.

Can you please assess me on what might be happening and what I need to do to make the WIFI work properly?

Kind regards

Joan Navarro

Problems with WIFI
@jnavarro
Please try the following FAQ for troubleshooting.
[Notebook/Desktop/AIO] Troubleshooting - Wireless Network Problems | Official Support | ASUS GlobalIf the situation remains the same, I would recommend you to restore your system.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Heavens_Eagle
Star I
OK I am just going to jump in here. I am now on my "SECOND NEW" ASUS TUF computer since July 4th. The first machine was a FX706HE-211.TM17-1. The setup started out smoothly and the wifi just came up and ran. Connected to my router without any trouble.
Let Windows 10 do it's updates and immediately the wifi FAILED! All the drivers were fresh and current. I fought with that machine for a week and finally I could no longer get the wifi to connect at all. I RETURNED IT!
A week and a half later I decided to purchase a newer machine as I really kind of came to like the first machine. This machine is the TUF706HM-ES76. Again BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX it worked smooth without a hitch. As I was familiar with the system software and utilities I went through and set up all the basic system stuff for look and basics. Wifi worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!
There was an initial bios upgrade to version 309 and the machine started to have some wifi connect problems. Then I pulled the ripcord and let Windows 10 do the full software updates. Another bios version was installed, this time to version 312. All the other updates were installed and the machine rebooted. Now the wifi no longer works at all. This machine is 1 DAY OLD!!!!! There is not anything from ASUS even admitting there is a problem with their hardware/software, but it looks like just about all the newer laptops are dead in the water as far as wifi connections.
I have gone through network resets, NO CHANGE!
Try to reset the MediaTek MT7921 Wi-Fi 6 hardware, NO CHANGE!
Remove the drivers and device, reboot, go through more network resets, NO CHANGE!
Reboot, go into the bios, RESET BIOS TO DEFAULT (F9), save and exit, let system start and "SOMETIMES" the wifi will work. It will only work until the system goes to sleep or shuts down and there is no guarantee that it will work the next time.
AGAIN, THIS MACHINE IS 1 EFFING DAY OLD, WORKED OUT OF THE BOX, AND NOW WITH A BOGUS UPDATE, DOESN'T WORK LIKE APPARENTLY HUNDREDS, (THOUSANDS?) OF OTHER SIMILAR SYSTEMS IN THE SAME PRODUCT RANGE.
There is obviously a real problem here but ASUS is being mute on it. I am not going to upgrade to windows 11. NOT HAPPENING, and people with Windows 11 are having problems as well.
I am currently doing a complete reset for Win 10. If it works and the wifi comes back. I will limit the update level until this fiasco gets fully fixed. If it doesn't work it is a good possiblity that ASUS will become one of the hardware vendors that I will never look at again. After all this is a second chance and ASUS is failing by not really addressing the real problem. What bothers me is not that there is a problem, but that ASUS isn't saying anything about the ocean liner slamming into this iceberg.

Heavens_Eagle
Star I
OK, this is a quick follow up. I completely reset Windows 10 to version 20H2. Since this is a BRAND NEW MACHINE (1 day old) it has nothing to speak of on it worth keeping. The first time around on this the wifi worked flawlessly.
As far as I can tell the only real difference between when I first started this machine and now is that the bios was upgraded twice and now the wifi is totally buggered.
Here is my hypothesis: Whatever bios version this machine shipped with was the LAST worthwhile version and the newer versions are what is crapping out the wifi. If not why is it that on one site, everyone is expounding that by doing a "RESET TO DEFAULT" on the bios is making the wifi work for some people?
Is there any way to revert the bios back? If I had a do over I wouldn't install any bios upgrades.

Falcon_ASUS
Heavens Eagle

OK I am just going to jump in here. I am now on my "SECOND NEW" ASUS TUF computer since July 4th. The first machine was a FX706HE-211.TM17-1. The setup started out smoothly and the wifi just came up and ran. Connected to my router without any trouble.

Let Windows 10 do it's updates and immediately the wifi FAILED! All the drivers were fresh and current. I fought with that machine for a week and finally I could no longer get the wifi to connect at all. I RETURNED IT!

A week and a half later I decided to purchase a newer machine as I really kind of came to like the first machine. This machine is the TUF706HM-ES76. Again BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX it worked smooth without a hitch. As I was familiar with the system software and utilities I went through and set up all the basic system stuff for look and basics. Wifi worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!!

There was an initial bios upgrade to version 309 and the machine started to have some wifi connect problems. Then I pulled the ripcord and let Windows 10 do the full software updates. Another bios version was installed, this time to version 312. All the other updates were installed and the machine rebooted. Now the wifi no longer works at all. This machine is 1 DAY OLD!!!!! There is not anything from ASUS even admitting there is a problem with their hardware/software, but it looks like just about all the newer laptops are dead in the water as far as wifi connections.

I have gone through network resets, NO CHANGE!

Try to reset the MediaTek MT7921 Wi-Fi 6 hardware, NO CHANGE!

Remove the drivers and device, reboot, go through more network resets, NO CHANGE!

Reboot, go into the bios, RESET BIOS TO DEFAULT (F9), save and exit, let system start and "SOMETIMES" the wifi will work. It will only work until the system goes to sleep or shuts down and there is no guarantee that it will work the next time.

AGAIN, THIS MACHINE IS 1 EFFING DAY OLD, WORKED OUT OF THE BOX, AND NOW WITH A BOGUS UPDATE, DOESN'T WORK LIKE APPARENTLY HUNDREDS, (THOUSANDS?) OF OTHER SIMILAR SYSTEMS IN THE SAME PRODUCT RANGE.

There is obviously a real problem here but ASUS is being mute on it. I am not going to upgrade to windows 11. NOT HAPPENING, and people with Windows 11 are having problems as well.

I am currently doing a complete reset for Win 10. If it works and the wifi comes back. I will limit the update level until this fiasco gets fully fixed. If it doesn't work it is a good possiblity that ASUS will become one of the hardware vendors that I will never look at again. After all this is a second chance and ASUS is failing by not really addressing the real problem. What bothers me is not that there is a problem, but that ASUS isn't saying anything about the ocean liner slamming into this iceberg.

View post
@Heavens Eagle
If you encounter this problem, please try the following steps.
1. Turn on the power and keep the battery power supply mode active (without plugging in the power adapter).
2. Press the power button for 30s to hard reset.
3. Enter the system and connect to the power adapter after it has rebooted.
4. Install MTK wireless network driver V3.00.01.1244 or above.
5. Install MTK Bluetooth driver V1.3.15.142 or above.
6. After the installation is complete, restart the device.
Please be sure to execute all six steps, updating the wireless network driver first, then updating the Bluetooth driver in order.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.