Arjun_C
Star III
System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: -
Model: M3401C
Frequency of occurrence: -
Reset OS: -Screenshot or video: INSERTYOUTUBEADDRESS:( /shorts/i41vNrXiOdc
========================
Detailed description: I just got this laptop yesterday from Amazon, and I really love it for my lifestyle but there are a couple of quality issues that I noticed and I'm kinda worried if I should replace or live with it.
The first thing is that hinge is misaligned and the screen fold is protruding to the left as you can see from the image I attached.
The second thing is that the touchpad seems to be loose and makes a rattling sound while taping on it (not pressing).
I went to my nearby ASUS offline store and checked the units available there and everything is perfect for them, just one unit had a really slight loose touchpad but can be ignored cus in my case I can really hear the rattling sound when I'm using it in a quiet environment.
So what should I do? replace? will this cause more issues in the future?

4 REPLIES 4

Arjun_C
Star III
photo-2022-07-15-19-27-45.jpg
photo-2022-07-15-19-27-50.jpg

This is the image showing the hinge misalignment

Falcon_ASUS
Arjun C

photo-2022-07-15-19-27-45.jpg

photo-2022-07-15-19-27-50.jpg

This is the image showing the hinge misalignment

View post
@Arjun C
If your laptop is a new purchase , and there is a problem with the appearance of the laptop. I would suggest that you report to the dealer to confirm whether it can be returned or exchanged. Similarly, if there is a strange sound on the touchpad, I would also suggest that you report it to the dealer first. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Arjun_C
Star III
Yeah i returned it and bought 14x

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.