This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix for Volte on Android 12 for rog phone 3

chaoticusrex
Star II
The only solution currently for Volte on Android 12 on the rog phone 3 is to revert back to Android 11 which will wipe all of your data. When we were part of the beta we could message the mods and request a file that would allow us to reinstall Android 11. This file could not be shared with the public and it was warned you'd lose all your data. Waking up to Android 12 this morning and the same problem with volte still persists. I've kept the file handy and confirms it still works. Restarting now to get android 11 back.

I'm sorry mods but the people need to know you can provide a fix for them. It may cause them to lose data but if it's the only solution. People have to know. You also should warn people on the release notes before they upgrade. You knew this was an issue and you still pushed the update. This is on you now.
@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS
49 REPLIES 49

robdevilXI
Star I
Asus Devs just sucks. No VoLTE or VoWiFi for UK or polish networks at all. Calls quality are just simply bad and I can't use phone.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
chaoticusrex

The only solution currently for Volte on Android 12 on the rog phone 3 is to revert back to Android 11 which will wipe all of your data. When we were part of the beta we could message the mods and request a file that would allow us to reinstall Android 11. This file could not be shared with the public and it was warned you'd lose all your data. Waking up to Android 12 this morning and the same problem with volte still persists. I've kept the file handy and confirms it still works. Restarting now to get android 11 back.

I'm sorry mods but the people need to know you can provide a fix for them. It may cause them to lose data but if it's the only solution. People have to know. You also should warn people on the release notes before they upgrade. You knew this was an issue and you still pushed the update. This is on you now.

@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS

Fix for Volte on Android 12 for rog phone 3
Are you ok? The firmware to downgrade is public since a long time, there is no need to request any files or whatnot.
@GT500 its most likely the latter, hotfix should be out relatively soon. As you have wonderfully pointed out, in some countries VoLTE is needed to be able to call anyone which means ASUS is most likely going to hurry getting it out.

@ClownVixen No worries, support page is still there, google has to adjust to the new url, it happens every now and then when ASUS fiddles on their site.
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG%20Phone%203%20(ZS661KS)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
@GT500 Oh and as for security fix, honestly its irrelevant because ASUS actually is good when it comes to security fixes. It's very misleading to take the month of a security update as how well a company applies security fixes to their phones, ASUS does bigger batches than other companies and its open source, if you want to have all the security updates regularly you can use kirisakura kernel since he updates it frequently, hell because of people like kirisakura the phone is more secure than many other phones on the market. Hell its 2022 and the Rog2 still gets updated. Compare that to other phones such as the Razer phone 2 (stuck on A9), Black shark 2 (a10) and Nubia RM 3 (A10) youll find that ASUS actually provides excellent support especially for a gaming phone. The Rog2 would stay secure until its hardware is dead, software wise it won't be dead anytime soon. Also another sidenote, the software and firmware update quality on the Rog phones are is so much better than even mainstream phones like Oneplus.
Is ASUS perfect? Hell no
Is ASUS absolute dogsht? Hell no.
I'd say they are upper mid tier, not as good as the top, but still notably better than the average phone manufacturer. If they would promise as much OS update as Samsung they would be top tier, the only thing holding ASUS back is being limited to "only" 2OS upgrades.

marksbras
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62072/fix-for-volte-on-android-12-for-rog-phone-3

Are you ok? The firmware to downgrade is public since a long time, there is no need to request any files or whatnot.

@GT500 its most likely the latter, hotfix should be out relatively soon. As you have wonderfully pointed out, in some countries VoLTE is needed to be able to call anyone which means ASUS is most likely going to hurry getting it out.

@ClownVixen No worries, support page is still there, google has to adjust to the new url, it happens every now and then when ASUS fiddles on their site.

https://www.asus.com/supportonly/ROG%20Phone%203%20(ZS661KS)/HelpDesk_BIOS/

View post
Still not a viable option. While it reinstalled Android 11 it immediately starts to download Android 12.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
marksbras

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219151#Comment_219151

Still not a viable option. While it reinstalled Android 11 it immediately starts to download Android 12.

View post
Turn autoupdate off