This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Update to A12

HexHyte
Rising Star I
As the title says i cannot update my A11 Rog Phone 3 12GB/512GB (WW version) to A12.
If i try to search for the update from the System Update section a message just tells me that my "System is up-to-date".
I also tried to manually download the Firmware .zip file from the official website, i've put it in the root folder of my Rog Phone 3, i then rebooted the phone but the update notification never showed up.
yes, i've downloaded the correct Firmware version, this is the full filename: UL-ASUS_I003_1-ASUS-31.0210.0210.230-1.1.5-2206-user.zip
What i am missing here?
23 REPLIES 23

DragonBuster
Star II
marksbras

There are a lot of people including myself who have posted here indicating that their phones stopped working when the phone was updated to Android 12. Might want to look through the posts and see if you might end up with a bricked phone if it updates. Note I have the same version of phone as yours.

View post
Then You went back to 11?
I've read also that with Android 12 update phone calls recording is not available anymore, its true?

Vijay_Naidu
Star I
Don't update to A12 its not VoLte so you cant make or receive calls

marksbras
Star II
DragonBuster

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/219037#Comment_219037

Then You went back to 11?

I've read also that with Android 12 update phone calls recording is not available anymore, its true?

View post
Unfortunately I was not successful rolling back to Android 11 so right now the one on Android 12 is unusable. In my case "fortunately" about a year ago I had dropped my phone and the screen broke. I ended up not only getting a new screen but also because I didn't know if the screen would work I purchased a duplicate phone. So right now I am using the backup one on Android 11 and hoping there is a fix forthcoming that will fix the one with Android 12.

HexHyte
Rising Star I
After some days of waiting i've finally received the A12 update notification, the FOTA A12 update was available.
I successfully proceeded to install the firmware from there but the A12 itself was buggy. i had to Factory Restore once to correct all the bugs and now everything seems to work as intended.

DragonBuster
Star II
HexHyte

After some days of waiting i've finally received the A12 update notification, the FOTA A12 update was available.

I successfully proceeded to install the firmware from there but the A12 itself was buggy. i had to Factory Restore once to correct all the bugs and now everything seems to work as intended.

View post
Great to know 🥳 phone calls recording feature is still there on A12 or this feature has been removed?