This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog 3 volte not functioning after update android 12 (31.0210.0210.230) not rooted

peysal92
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

209 REPLIES 209

jonsey974
Star II
Absolutely unacceptable on ASUS's part. And when searching threads to figure out what the problem was with my RoG 3, this isn't a new problem. This was an issue with Android 12 as a whole when it first came out, AND it was a problem ASUS knew about since beta and they still pushed this garbage out anyway. This is a perfect example of why you don't force ota updates and let the user decide when to update.
For anyone else in the meantime, the only real workaround is to use Whatsapp, Discord, FB Messenger etc. Anything that calls using the app itself on wifi and not your mobile carrier.
All I know is that ASUS better put out a patch quick before a class action starts brewing. They knowing put out an unavoidable update that straight up disabled the main function of the device for people. That means people cannot even dial 911 in an emergency. That is absolutely grounds for a big ass lawsuit.

xombie17
Star II
I could definitely look into a lawsuit for loss of income, considering phone calls are 90% of my sales.
Plus, if they activated VOWIFI, which they absolutely CAN DO, it wouldn't even matter! We could just use that until they fix VOLTE!
Asus, you better fix this, and quickly. Or offer me a ROG phone 5 at a heavily reduced cost. That would also work.

Pheebau
Star II
Reporting same issue with ROG phone 3 and ATT in the US. A12 installed automatically overnight and I can no longer place or receive calls.
How on earth could Asus push such an update without ensuring phone calls were working in the US with major providers !!?? This is a phone after all and it has now become useless!
This is totally unacceptable on Asus part.
If someone know how to revert back to A11, please help. Thanks for reading.

GT500
Star III
xombie17

I could definitely look into a lawsuit for loss of income, considering phone calls are 90% of my sales.

Plus, if they activated VOWIFI, which they absolutely CAN DO, it wouldn't even matter! We could just use that until they fix VOLTE!

Asus, you better fix this, and quickly. Or offer me a ROG phone 5 at a heavily reduced cost. That would also work.

View post
You want the phone that breaks in half?
Check the YouTube videos on the ROG Phone 5 by "JerryRigEverything" for an explanation... I can't post them here.

dgw
Star III
xombie17

View post
Thanks for reminding me that this phone ALSO didn't have Wi-Fi calling, even on A11.
ASUS please explain yourselves.